Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

How do I silence the loud connection thumping sound on my 700?

I can turn off voice prompt on my 700s. But still hear loud thumpy “musical chord” alerts when the headphones connect/disconnect from Bluetooth. It’s louder than the music and phone calls. How do I turn that off please? It’s a dealbreaker for me. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: How do I silence the loud connection thumping sound on my 700?

Hey NogbadTheBad, welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry that you're unhappy with the startup/shut-down tone on the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. This isn't something that can be disabled but we appreciate your feedback and I'll be sure to pass your comments along to the relevant team.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

This solves the “how quickly can I return these” problem. 

There are 1,000s of questions/complaints online about the loud beeps with the QC 35II. Seems like that wasn’t an important factor in the design of this next generation gear. 

Feel free to reach out for more information about why I picked the B&W set instead. I honestly think we could have a valuable discussion that would make me consider the next next gen kit from Bose. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

Ah, Bose have great PR. They always "pass on" feedback to the team, but either that feedback won't be passed on, or is already known, or they don't intend to change it. They just say it so you think they are listening.

It's nothing personal.