Highlighted
rlzmail@yahoo.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

How do you answer or receive a phone call on the Bose NC700 ?

Answering phone calls on the Bose NC700 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bradbort
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Re: How do you answer or receive a phone call on the Bose NC700 ?

Author Accepted Answer selected by rlzmail@yahoo.com

I’m having the same issue, since the latest firmware, which I just installed today. Now, the double tap no longer answers the call. I hear the “tone” when I double tap, but the call does not come to the headset. Very irritating. I do have an Apple Watch, but that has never been an issue before. Other touch controls appear to be working

27 REPLIES 27

Hello rlzmail, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for taking the time to post. 

To answer a phone call, you simply double-tap the touchpad on the right earcup. You can find these instructions, plus more information about how to use the headphones here.

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

rlzmail@yahoo.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Thanks for your fast and helpful response. Your instructions worked PERFECTLY!

Tazzz7
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

I have read how the NC700 HP are supposed to answer the phone by double tapping but I hear what sounds like a “zonk” or that won’t work notification and the phone continues to ring. I can reject the call as instructed but not answer one. 

Tazzz7
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Found in someone else’s question with the QC35’s that my Apple Watch could be the issue. Apparently even if one isn’t wearing their watch you can’t use the double tap to answer the phone. I had to power off my watch to answer the phone via headphones. Otherwise answer using the phone and changing source back to Bose headphones. This doesn’t happen at all with using AirPods. Why does this keep it from working the way it’s intended??

Hi there @Tazzz7 and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear that this functionality is not working as intended for your apple watch here.

In order to see if we can replicate this, can I confirm which mobile device and which Apple watch are being used, alongside the firmware of each of these?

Please get back to me when you can!

Liam W

Tazzz7
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Liam, 

My current mobile device is the iPhone XS max running software version 12.3.1. The Apple Watch is the latest series 4  running software version 5.3. As I mentioned before I had to actually turn the watch off for the headphones to be able to answer the phone.  Hopefully this can be resolved too!!

Hi @Tazzz7 and thanks for following up!

I have passed this information onto our development team for you to see if this can be replicated and resolved.

If I have any updates, I will return here!

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Liam W

Tazzz7
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Liam,

Just happened to check again on answering the phone with the headphones and this time it worked fine. I haven't checked since my initial post and this would be the first time after the most recent update to the music app (version 2.2.3) so maybe something in that update made it work fine!! It does answer and disconnect calls as it was intended including "ignoring" the call. I am curious if the app did fix the issue or it just happened to work now.

Hello Tazzz7, 

I'm thrilled to hear everything seems to be in order, now. 

If you have any further issues, do not hesitate to get back in touch. 

Kindest regards,

Jeff G