davecuth
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

How to Pair 700 Headphones to Mac Book Pro

Whew!  I just got my headphones hooked up successfully to my iphone x and now want to pair it with my macbook pro.  Don't want to screw up the pairing to the phone.  What is the procedure to pair with macbook once it is working with the iphone so that there aren't any problems using them with both?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: How to Pair 700 Headphones to Mac Book Pro

Hi Davecuth, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. To pair your headphones with your mac you will need to follow these steps: 

• Verify the Mac is not currently paired to any other Bluetooth audio devices that have been paired to the Mac. If it has a Mac branded Bluetooth keyboard and mouse they do not need to be disconnected.
  • Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen
  • In the Apple menu, click "System Preferences..."
  • Click the Bluetooth icon. The Bluetooth settings window will appear
  • On the headset, press and hold the Bluetooth button until you hear "Ready to pair" or you see the Bluetooth indicator blinking blue
  • On the computer, the Bose headset should appear in the list of Bluetooth devices
  • Select Pair. You will hear "Connected to [device name]" and the Bluetooth indicator will glow solid white
  • Hit the back button in the upper left corner to return to the System Preferences
  • Click the Sound icon
  • Click on the Output tab
  • Select the Bose headset
  • Click on the Input tab
  • Select the Bose headset

I hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

rman123
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

For me, the headset does not appear in the bluetooth device list. Anything else that I can try?

Hi rman123, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Are you able to see the headphones on any other devices as well as ensuring that the headphones are in pairing mode by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and would encourage any other community members to post their findings with this issue and if they have found a resolution. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

fzero
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

I am experiencing the same issue with my Macbook Pro. New Bose 700 headphones do not show up in list of available devices when trying to pair.

Macbook Pro Specs:

Model 15-Inch, 2017

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 

Bose 700 Headphone Specs:

Firmware: 11.4-1144+be3bf4b

Manufacture Date: 06/01/2019

Apple iPhone X Details:

Model: MQCP2LL/A

iOS Version: 12.4

Steps taken to troubleshoot:

1. Removed any existing Bluetooth audio devices from Macbook
  2. Restarted Macbook Pro
  3. Removed existing paired device (iPhone X) from Bose 700 Headphones by holding down button until "existing device list cleared"
  4. Verified Bose 700 headphones are in pairing mode
  5. Re-paired Bose 700 headphones to iPhone X, verified they work correctly
  6. Unpaired iPhone X from Bose 700 headphones
  7. Power Off/Power On Bose 700 headphones

I simply cannot get these to work with my Macbook and it's very frustrating. Would really like to get this resolved.

Hi there @fzero and welcome to our Bose Community!

I'd be more than happy to make sure we get this resolved for you.

Firstly, can I ask that you power down the headset, then open the Bluetooth list on your Macbook Pro. Once the list is open, then power on the headset, ensuring that these are "Ready to Pair" or "Ready to pair another device" by holding the Bluetooth button for 2 seconds and releasing this.

When these are placed into pairing mode, do any new items get added to the Bluetooth list for your mac? These may not be labelled correctly on the Macbook screen (e.g. just labelled as "Headphones", so please confirm this for me!

If nothing new appears here when you try this, can I ask that you connect this via AUX, and check to see if this tries to install any drivers for the headset? If this does, please let these download before disconnecting the AUX and trying the Bluetooth connection again.

I would also suggest that you check your Macbook is not already connected to it's maximum number of Bluetooth devices (e.g if this is connected to a Bluetooth Mouse, Bluetooth Keyboard etc)

Please get back to me to let me know how you get on!

Liam W

Julio Villazon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

I have the exact same problem! Have you figured out a solution?

Hi Julio Villazon, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are also having this problem. 

Have you attempted the steps that are listed above my our Moderator Team? 

I look forward to hearing back from you and any other community members that are also experiencing this issue. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B 

Julio Villazon
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

I finally managed to connect! 

Solution: 

-Open Bluetooth preferences 

-Disconnect all bluetooth devices from mac (Keyboard and Mouse)

-Turn off phones Bluetooth so the headphones dont auto-connect

-Turn on headphones

-Wait several minutes until the headphones appear in the bluetooth list (mine took like 5 minutes)

-Connect!

Thanks a lot for the help!

Hello Julio,

Thanks for getting in touch to let the community know your solution, this is very helpful for other users to get the issue resolved quicker. 

Should you need anything then please get in touch, have a great day!

Kindest regards.

Zoe C