Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

How to disable Bose Music app auto update of Headphone firmware???

i want to avoid the 1.7 firmware update on my Bose NC 700.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

Re: How to disable Bose Music app auto update of Headphone firmware???

Anyone???

Is there at least a workaround to prevent the forced and unwanted firmware update?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

Just got a new set of Triple Midnight Bose 700.

This time I DIDN'T download the Bose Music app so the headphones don't auto-update to the 1.7 firmware, AND THEY ARE WORKING FLAWLESSLY.

I would like to use the app features like the EQ, but I prefer a working headphones.

I will wait for a reliable and stable firmware before even downloading the app again.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2020

Bose,

Please bring back the option in the Bose Music app where we can choose to update the headphones firmware or NOT!!

Currently it downloads and installs the firmware in the background with no option to stop the update.

The last few firmware updates of the Bose NC 700 have been a real mess. It damaged 2 headphones which I returned to Best Buy.

I just bought the new Triple Midnight and I will not use the Bose Music app so it pushes the latest 1.7 firmware and damages my brand new headphones which I really love.

Please add the option or button where we can choose to update the firmware or not!!!

I don't want to update until a more stable and reliable firmware is released.

Thanks!!!

I will definitely give stars to app if that option is added!!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

I have to second this request. 

I just received my Nc700, and a couple of things are Really bugging me:

1. I have to download the app and Register before I can change the settings.... Hello, why should I register. I own the device, the settings are my problem and should not be depending on a registration.

2.as mentioned by other users: I Don't want a forced firmware update. 

I'm still within the 30 days period, and honestly, this is a reason good enough to turn to the Sony (although Sony microphone is less performant) 

Not impressed, Bose