Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

How to disable voice assistant on Headphones 700?

I need a way to completely disable voice assistant on my Headphones 700. I accidently call to random people and do other unwanted things when accidently touch voice assistant button on the right side. Please add option to disable the button, I dont like siri or smth, just turn off this, its REALLY annoing.

53 REPLIES 53
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: How to disable voice assistant on Headphones 700?

Hi there @Bear_me ,

Welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the assistant functionality of our new headphones and would be happy to advise.

While there is no way to un-assign the button from any function, I have passed this feedback onto our development team for you.

In the meantime, it may be beneficial to assign this button to an assistant you haven't setup (If you haven't already setup both), as this would only prompt you to setup that assistant rather than causing you to accidentally trigger a function that you don't want to use.

I hope this helps, and please return to me with any questions!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Tnank you Liam,

Your solution is not possible, please find another one.

The problem is that the application have list of 3 voice assistant option, 2 of them are disabled and cannot be selected, one is the Siri and there is no way to choose another one.

SiriAndAll.jpg

Siri is already disabled in my phone - so HP700 calls this "voice dial" annoying thing.

Please add option to disable the voice assistant function at all.

For the price of the product I expect to be able to choose what feature of the product is enabled and what not.

Highlighted

Hi Bear_me, 

Thanks for posting and providing us with this feedback. 

I think what Liam is referring to is to set the action button to a different function. This can be done inside the Bose Music App in settings under Action Button. 

Please do let us know how you get on! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

There are no "Action button" option in Settings.

NoActionButton.jpg

I'm using latest Bose Music ios application from app store, installed yesterday.

Highlighted

Hi Bear_me, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I apologize for this I am thinking of a different application. 

There isn't currently a way to fully remove the voice assistant at this moment in time and Liam has raised this feature request. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Any updates?

How long could I wait to be able to use the product in a non frustrating way?

Highlighted

Hi Bear_me, 

Thanks for coming back to us!

At the moment, we do not have an update at this time. Once we do we will update the Community.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Hi Jessie,

Is there any estimates for such issues?

Could I wait days, weeks or years?

This issue is extremely annoing, I face it every day, this frustrates me to the point I start to hate the HP700 - despite of other aspects such as build quiality and noise cancellation.

BTW, Does this issue covered by warranty?

At the moment I'm considering returning them back as one of the options. 

Highlighted

Hi Bear_me, 

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I'm sorry to hear that this is frustrating for you. Unfortunately, we have no estimated time frame for this. It has been sent to the Development team for review. 

This is not covered by warranty as this is a feature of the headphones. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please reach out to us again. 

Kindest,

Jessie O