bosemann1
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

How to disable voice assistant on Headphones 700 ?

Hi !

Have you solved how to disable voice assistant ? It´s just incredible annoying. Too touch the voice assistant button when you are in a hurry is a typical cenario. Have to buy the Sony or Jabra if this is still not possible. Should be a really easy software fix for a major company...

Highlighted
adsa
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Re: How to disable voice assistant on Headphones 700?

Hi, 

Well I have "solved" it by using a workaround: I have assigned the button to Alexa, which I haven't setup. Now I just get the annoying message "configure the assistant in the Alexa app " message. less awkward than calling random people though

By the way my headset is on sale. Going for the jabra 85H instead. The headset is not as sexy as the NC700 but the sound quality is amazing, noise cancelation amazing and the company more serious... At least they are listening to their customers

Highlighted
Bocevoicecontrolsucks
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

I also have this problem of it randomly calling people.  Please allow us to disable this terrible voice control if we chose

Highlighted
Bocevoicecontrolsucks
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

This does not help.  We need to shut off the voice control we stop randomly calling people.  We have important jobs.  And important people on our phoneS. And randomly calling them hurts our reputation.  Allow us to shut this off!!!!

Highlighted
JakSos
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 6, 2020

Hello Liam,

I wanted to buy and use the 700 model for professional purposes because it has a microphones array allowing stronger surrounding noise cancellation than others on the market in the PHONE CALL MODE.

Unfortunately, but I hope I'm wrong, I understood from the forum that there is STILL no possibility to totally disable the Virtual Assistant functionnality (activation through an accidental swipe on the headphone) and that when no Assistant is configured there is still a few seconds cut in the call as the headphones are "asking" to configure one?

Thank you in advance for your reply

JakSos

Highlighted
Reugene
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 12, 2020

Hi,

I’m having the same issue, and since I’m using this headphone for professional purposes, it’s starting to get really annoying/embarrassing?

are you working on a permanent solution for this?

looking forward to hear from you.