Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Re: How to disable voice assistant on Headphones 700?

Is there any update on this?

Would be nice to map this key to something else. For people who do not use voice assistant it is indeed annoying. 

Highlighted

Hello martinxtm,

We have no details available to share at this time. Any announcements will be made on the Community first. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Please add one more name to this feature request. I’ve had these headphones for under 24 hours and the voice assist button is annoying the hell out of me so much that I’m about to switch back to Sony.  Terrible placement for the button too. It fires every time you take off the headphones and they clank together.  And any time you touch anything.  I’ll give it 10 days while I’m in my return time with Best Buy and if there’s no update I’m returning them. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

I'll add my voice to this as well. I don't want to use voice assistant so it would be nice to assign the button to something else. Very unfortunate issue, might return the headphones if it doesn't get fixed soon.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 6, 2019

Plus one for this. VERY annoying indead. It seems that, eventhough it's 400$ headset, usability testing haven't been good enough.  I would have think that this could have been caught up with the prototype. Not good enough Bose. Will soon switch to sony if it doens't get solve soon. It's been 2.5 month since it's been reported.... 

You can do better. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 3, 2019

Plus one on this. This is so annoying. I am also considering returning it.

I have it multiple times a day that I trigger this by accident and just like others, I randomly start calling people.

Come on, allow this feature to be disabled. I just want music. Period.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Please; please address this issue.

I’ve had the headphones for a few days now and keep making random calls and the worst is that if the phone starts a call there is no possibility to break it off quickly. I so want to like these headphones but this is really annoying!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

+1 to all of the above. Not being able to disable voice assistant is a serious degradation of functionality compared to the QC35 II headphones I had previously. At this moment in time I wish I saved my bucks and bought another pair of those for the same reasons as mentioned above. 

For a premium product like this I simply expect to be able to turn of “gimmicky” features like that.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

I’m absolutely agree with all above, It’s so annoying all time, randomly command and callings to any ware... HOW TO DISABLE IT?! [Edited by Moderator]

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Its nice that moderators was so kind to remove curse words from previous comment, but it could be even more useful if someone could address the actual issue.

Its almost 6 month I've bought the phones and Bose still cannot fix this simple problem.

Seriously?