Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Re: How to disable voice assistant on Headphones 700?

Yeah, so they are reading it - so far the good news. 
bad news: still making random calls and sometimes without me noticing immediately. I really need this issue solved. It is really embarrassing

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

+1 on this. Bought the 700 today and this is extremely annoying. Two calls triggered already. Bose, you are embarrassing yourself for not fixing this. Adding a “disable assistant” button in the app is all I need.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

I really don't get it. What do you do with your Headphones? I never, really never touch any button accidently, do you have some kind of really extremely big fingers or bad hand coordination? Adding a feature where you disable the voice assistant functionality should be implemented really easy I guess but what the hell, how do you accidently press this button so often? And even when I press this button it won't call someone completely random, this is not how a voice assistant works normally, it does what you say - in most cases.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 20, 2019

Yes same problem here. Please add a no voice assistant option. 
for me it is not A matter of big fingers, but when i take my headphones off, i touch the button. It is just the way i hold the headphones. 

Please do not ventilate your frustration about your lack of empathy on a forum. It slows down the search for a solution. Thank you

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

I just recieved these headphones as a present for Christmas 

within three minutes the headphones called two contacts in my phonebook who I haven’t spoken to in years - on Christmas Day!!!!! 

I too would like an option to disable this feature. Seems quick and easy enough - please Bose run an update 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

I also have this issue. Called some really random people. Please allow us to disable or re-assign !

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Created an account just to second all of the replies above me. I called an exec at my company on a weekend accidentally because the headphones were on in my bag and the button was accidentally pushed. I probably don’t have to elaborate on how I feel about that.

I have Siri and voice control disabled on my phone, I don’t have the Bose app, I didn’t even know what button was doing it until I did some research. I decided to test it and even though I didn’t say anything, just in a silent hotel room with the fan on, it called a friend. Tried again with the TV on and it selected another person from my phone book based on the unrelated TV dialogue.

I just want to turn it off, I don’t even care if that makes the button useless. I just want it off.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

@FixThisPlease  I went with the hack of setting the voice assistant to Amazon Alexa which I do not have configured. "Good enough" fix for now. Requires Bose app

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

Seriously Bose: get the developers to add a ‘no voice assistant’ option to the list of voice assistants and you’re done. It is literally a few minutes work. I’m a software developer- throw me the code and I’ll do it myself. 

I need a ‘yes it’s coming’ message or I return these and the set of 700s I bought for my staff and will switch to Sony. 

Focus on those who pay for your products instead of trying to have clever marketing features that actually degrade the product. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Hi !

Have you solved how to disable voice assistant ? It´s just incredible annoying. Too touch the voice assistant button when you are in a hurry is a typical cenario. Have to buy the Sony or Jabra if this is still not possible. Should be a really easy software fix for a major company...