Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Re: How to disable voice assistant on Headphones 700?

Putting in another word requesting the ability to completely disable voice assistant. Don’t even care if button left unassigned. Have an iPhone, don’t use Siri and picking another choice gives prompt for Alexa or Google app  It seems it would be SO simple just to add option in app for “none” under voice assistant.   

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

Can you recommend an alternative competitor headphones that allows disabling voice assistant, or even better, doest have this bug?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

+1 for the option to disable Voice Assistant.

I'm using both, Google Home and Alexa since i have Alexa and Google Home at home - but i'm not using it from my phone - so setting the voice assistant to another is not an option for me. 

I keep hitting the button by accident ¤#%"%"#¤

The headset is great and the best i've ever had, but the missing functionality for disableing Voice Assistant since i never use it.

So Bose - please listen to the community...!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2020

+1 would like to turn that voice assistant off completely. this option should take to develop around 20 minutes I don't see why we need to wait so much time  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2020

Bose, this is an unacceptable bug for your top of the line headphones. For the price paid, and the Bose reputation, I expected better. I bought these when working from home due to coronavirus and I have had several embarrassing incidents where I accidentally hit the Voice Assistant button - for example, it often gets activated when I remove the headphones and rest them around my neck while taking a break. The Voice Assistant was set to activate Siri, and for some reason, it would automatically dial a phone number from my contact list. Usually, it was a friend or family member, but more than once it was a work colleague. Note that I have Siri turned off on my iphone, so it's doubly annoying that the headphones are able to activate it without my intention. 

Bose, please create an update so that we can turn off Voice Assistant completely, or please explain why this isn't a minor app update. Otherwise, I'll look to another manufacturer in the future and won't recommend this expensive product to anyone else. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

This doesn't help with mobile devices, but on Windows if you fully disable Cortana in the registry then the assistant button won't activate. 

Instead you're left with a vestigial button that does nothing, and still somehow have no ability to mute or use other controls in VOIP calls. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

I just wanted to +1 the other complaints in this thread. I like the headphones but this feature is REALLY ANNOYING — possibly the most annoying feature I've ever encountered in a consumer technology product. It's unacceptable that taking off my headphones would ever cause my phone to call someone, but this has happened four times already, much to my embarrassment.

Please, please add an option to disable the Voice Assistant entirely.