Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Re: How to disable voice assistant on Headphones 700? - Temporary Workaround (not ideal)

I would also like to have the button do nothing (or have the option to remap it to a different function).

I get "Open the Alexa app, and try again." at least once a day. Usually it's just my hair touching the side of the headphones – I haven't even pushed the button.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Re: How to disable voice assistant on Headphones 700?

Hi Liam,

I just bought NC700 and randomly called some people. I also changed default voice assistance to a service I didn’t enable but still a problem each time i touch the button by mistake.

any update on changing the function of the button or fully disable the button/voice assistance ? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Re: How to disable voice assistant on Headphones 700?

Hi Hector,

I just received my 700s. Any news? Accidental touches keep activating voice assistant. None are active on my phone. Not a fan of devices listening in.

Accidental touch of the voice assistant button interrupts whatever the headset is doing & whatever my iPhone is doing.

2 questions:

1. can you confirm there will be a feature to switch off voice assistant? - one can always hope...

2. you are suggesting to set the action button to a different function. I am pretty sure the Bose Music app does not provide this option. Can you clarify?