boss2boss
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2021

How to make the Bose 700 headphone to call the name of connected device properly?

Hi, I tried the headphone on different devices. For Samsung TV, it just called it "Samsung" followed by the model number. However, for my PC, it spells the name letter by letter as if it does not know how to pronounce the name which is a commonly used word. Is there a way to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
Jessie_O

Re: How to make the Bose 700 headphone to call the name of connected device properly?

Hey Boss2boss, 

Thank you for your post!

This is certainly strange behavior, do you notice it with any other devices?

I tested this with my NC700 headphones and when I connect to my laptop it does not say the name of the laptop. However, it says the model number. Is this what is happening with you? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: How to make the Bose 700 headphone to call the name of connected device properly?

Most likely it is because the computers "name" is in Capitals.  If the name was "COMPUTER" it often uses the spelling where "computer" or "Computer" would read out the word.