iignatiuk
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Re: How to mute NC700 microphone when paired to computer

I was using this work around for months and with the last firmware update it no longer works. Even after disconnecting the phone source I am unable to mute directly from the headphones. Did this stop working for anyone else?

Bose please fix this.  This is unacceptable to not have a headphone based mute button for MS teams considering it works perfectly fine when on a phone call.

svenny
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2020

This made for a very embarrassing situation in my case.  I was on a webex call and was using my newly minted bose headset and assumed this would "just work" as it did on calls with my phone.  It didn't and I started talking with my girlfriend about what was happening in the business call and it was highly embarrassing.  Please fix this, Bose.

T.U.
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2020

It would be great, if Bose could add the functionality that pressing the mute button on NC700 mutes its micros. A mute syncronisation with the VOIP Client is imho not necessarily mandatory. Headsets from other Brands like Plantronics or Jabra which  I use on Windows 10, do also not sync mute between hardware and VOIP Client.

So It would be great if you add this.

Cheers, T

icirutrut
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2021

@Bose please make this reality.

fematt
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

I had the same experience today: pressing the button the assistant was pronouncing "muted" or "unmuted". Then after 3 hours it stopped working, no idea why.

I only use Google Meet BTW and didn't change anything in the settings from when it was working to when it wasn't.

I also tried to change audio settings in Google Meet directly, as it sees the headphones twice: as "Communication - headset" and as "Headset" but without success.

licryle
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2021

This is seriously embarrassing, Bose. Please send us a firmware update to allow to mute from the headset...

clayt0n
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 20, 2021

This bothers me too. 

The NC 700 are very good headphones, but without the option to mute the microphone while walking around it is useless for meetings where you have to mute/unmute yourself.

I like the suggestion to bind the "Voice Assistant" button to Mute/Unmute in the Bose App.

This is a request for a basic feature which still isn't implemented since the release of the NC 700 in 2019! This headset is advertised as for PC conference calls and has no mute function ... 😄

Every new post has a "We will check this feature with the product team" but not follow up status.

If it is not possible to implement this feature, just tell us.

Instead we are waiting and hoping.

A missing basic feature is sad enough, adding bad and misleading customer communcation is uneccessary and multiplicates the frustration of the experience with Bose.

Edit: The 700 UC (nearly double price of the 700 NC where i live) has all the features we need. But our NC 700 is just a consumer device ... 

It seems it's only the dongle and the software/firmware as difference. 

With kind regards,

clayt0n

365nice
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

Another disappointed user that has walked away from his computer and discovered I coudn't mute when someone came over to talk to me and I wanted to tell them how long I was going to be.

As others have said - I'm happy for just the headphone to mute even if the app thinks I'm not - the intent is just to block the mic while I sort something out.

ntarasenko
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2021

What is the status on this development effort? It seems like a year should be sufficient to mute the headphone (output to PC) using the voice assistance button.

From what I can tell there are quite a few comments from your loyal customer base, and only one from Bose dated Feb-2020.

TiagoNavarro
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2021

The OP's suggested method of implementing this function would be perfect. Jabra UC headphones do something similar - you swing the mic up to mute and bring it back down to your mouth to unmute. WebEx actually registers this as a mute/unmute command and I can see it on screen. Even though other applications like GoToMeeting do not register the mute as a command, the mic is still muted at the headset, and I have complete confidence about whether I am muted. This could be just as easily accomplished using a button with a tiny bit of code added to the firmware. Honestly how hard is this?

I purchased the UC version of the NC700 with the USB, and this simple function still does not exist. I simply must have it, so they're going to be returned when I figure out what I will be trying instead.