daved31415
Participant
Registered since

Mar 12, 2018

How to submit a support ticket when website will not recognize serial number?

Hello,

I have a pair of QC35 headphones which I purchased a few years ago since I wanted a wireless version of the QC15s that I purchased years ago.  Overall I've been happy with them, except for an issue with the power turning on and off unexpectedly when the power switch is in the OFF position.  The best way I've found to deal with this thus far is to leave the power switch in the ON position and always let the headphones turn off automatically with a timeout. 

I spoke with someone from Bose a few months back and was told it was possible to have these headphones replaced free of charge due to manufacturing defect.  The only issue seemed to be that the new headphones have an extra button, used to activate smartphone assistants, I believe.  I was told to use the website to initiate a service claim.  Here is where my problem comes in - the website does not recognize the serial number I enter and I have not figured out a way to get around that part of the process.  I've entered the 0 character as both zero and the letter O but neither is accepted.  I haven't been able to find a "chat live" or phone number to call so I'm asking for assistance here (the number I had called a few months back was given to me by a co-worker and I didn't think I'd need to call back since it sounded like the website was all that I'd need to deal with). 

Does anyone have an idea on how I should proceed? 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Hector_B

Re: How to submit a support ticket when website will not recognize serial number?

Hello daved31415, 

Welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your headset powering on. 

Service options are not something we can assist with via the community as we are unable to take information via this platform. If you reach out to your regional customer support team via this link here, the team will be able to assist you further with this. 

Please keep in mind that due to current world events you may experience a delay in reaching the team.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
pochochojo
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2020

Re: How to submit a support ticket when website will not recognize serial number?

So far the region's support link has been a loop.

It says submit serial which I do, then says is this your device, Boise SoundLink Mini I Silver which it is [Removed by Moderator]

Then says request parts/repair, and I'm back at the first support page. It's just a loop.

No call centre no chat support no email support.

I tried to register the product and it says it doesn't recognize the serial number, which is definitely accurate...

This dialer had worked well for a good while, I wish I could fix it rather than throwing it away.

Charlotte_G

@pochochojo Sorry to hear about this! Could you let me know which country you are in so that I can provide you with the contact details for support?

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
pochochojo
Participant
Registered since

Dec 19, 2020

Thanks Charlotte.

I live in Canada

Charlotte_G

@pochochojo Thanks for confirming! Here's the contact information for our dedicated support in Canada