Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

How to turn off ANC while using audio cable on Bose NC 700

Hello,

I am trying to use the audio (aux) cable with the Bose NC 700 and turn off Noice Cancelling.

if I touch the favorites button on the left cup, it toggles between my NC favorites, but it does not allow me to turn it off. And I’m unable to use the app while the cable is in use.

Any one know?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: How to turn off ANC while using audio cable on Bose NC 700

Hey @LFY,

In order to ensure ANC is not active, you'll need one of your three favourite settings to be set as 0. Therefore, this can be selected when you want to disable ANC.

Go into the Bose Music app, adjust and then test that out. After, use the cable and let me know if your issue is resolved!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Re: How to turn off ANC while using audio cable on Bose NC 700

I’ve read in multiple sources and tested myself that “0” is a very low ANC setting, different from having noice cancellation disabled. It’s my understanding they are different. “0” ANC is still on and active. 

I want to be able to disable, turn off ANC while using the audio cable. Just like I am able to do when connected to the Bluetooth and music app.

Thanks!