I CAN LISTEN TO MUSIC BUT I CANNOT TALK ON USING MY BOSE SOUNDSPORT

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

I CAN LISTEN TO MUSIC BUT I CANNOT TALK ON USING MY BOSE SOUNDSPORT

I have the Bose SoundSport model and i can listen to music just fine and out of the blue I recieved a phone call and i could hear them but the caller could not hear me. Can someone please help me out! I have my Soundsport connected to an Samsung S7 edge.

7 REPLIES
Quiet Contributor

Re: I CAN LISTEN TO MUSIC BUT I CANNOT TALK ON USING MY BOSE SOUNDSPORT

I have had the exact same problem since updating to the latest firmware. From what I read so have a LOT of others. Bose doesn't seem too eager to address the problem either. Very discouraging considering the price of these headphones. Also one of the MAIN reasons I bought them. Worked great until the update. People could hear of I dropped a pin. Bose please do something!!

Hello coachtillis! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry you are having this experience, but am glad to assist. Could you tell me which SoundSport headphones you have, the SoundSport Wireless (with a wire connecting the earbuds) or the SoundSport Free (two earbuds, no wires)?

Please let us know so that we can help! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hello Greg,

Thanks so much for replying to my issue! I greatly appreciate it. Currently, I have the soundsport wireless earbuds that has the wire that connects the two earbuds together.

Hello coachtillis,

Thank you! Let's first make sure that your headphones are running the current firmware. You can most easily do this with the USB charging cable and your PC. Just navigate to btu.bose.com and follow the instructions there. Once we have done that, let's see if the problem persists across multiple devices. Could you connect to a different mobile device and let me know if you get the same result?

Thanks,

Greg 

Quiet Contributor

I was able to update my soundsport via PC but the same issue arises after the update. I also set my soundsport to someone elses device and recieved the same result of being able to listen to music but cannot talk. (i can hear the other person on the phone, they just cant hear me) please help me!
Strident Supporter

I have a soundsport wired like you but have not experienced the problem with my soundsport.  I connect with an iphone 7+ using the AT&T carrier.   I AM having the problem using other Bose devices to talk to people with my Revolve.  There appears to be an issue that the phone keeps switching away from the Revolve and I have to manually switch back to the Revolve two or three times before they hear me.   Bose says (so far) it is not their problem.

So like you there are three possible points of 'failure'

1. Your Soundsport

2. Your phone

3. Your carrier

You are going to have to troubleshoot to figure out which is 'likely'.  I would start by pairing your soundsport to a different phone (preferably vendor - if you use Apple, try a Droid or vice versa).  It would also be a good idea to make sure it is a different carrier as well.  If in that situation, you still have the problem, then we can likely say it's your soundsport.

Hello coachtillis, 

If you are able to determine (via @joelirwins suggestion) that the issue lies with your headphones, please contact Customer Support for further assistance. Contact information can be found here. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "Contact Us".

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support