Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

I can't hear the coach voice Nike Run Club when connecting to Bose 700.

Hi,

When I connect my Bose 700 to my phone, when running the Nike Run Club app, I can't hear the coach voice (Music plays fine though and run details such as speed, distance etc. are displayed correctly too.). If I disconnect the headphone or when I connect usb-c  headphones I can hear it properly.

Android, en-US

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted

Re: I can't hear the coach voice Nike Run Club when connecting to Bose 700.

Hi Kylee, 

I am sorry that you are not receiving all the audio from your Nike Run Club app to your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. 

Does this occur with other headphones at all?

Are there any other audio prompts you are meant to hear through this app? Or is it just the coach instructions?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

The app has prompts and music and the coach voice, music plays fine though and run details such as speed, distance etc. are displayed correctly too, just the coach voice is missing when I connect my bose 700. 

I have tried it with usb-C headphones and I can hear everything, I have also tried it with two bluetooth speakers (one bose) and can hear everything.

Highlighted

Thank you for confirming this!

Can you test using the Nike app on another device with your NC 700's to see if this persists?

I look forward to hearing from you.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

I don't have access to another phone at the moment.

Let me know if there is another way to check it.

Best,

Highlighted

No worries, Kylee. I have actually just tested this with my own Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 with my iPhone Xs and I didn't come across the same problem.

Would you be able to delete the app and re-install?

If this does not help, I'd recommend clearing the pairing list on your headphones by holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds. Then, delete the headphones from the Bluetooth list on all previously connected devices. Connect them again and test the outcome.

Let me know how this goes.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

I also asked another friend to try it on her app and she didn't have the same problem either.

I have deleted and reinstalled the app, still the same problem.

I followed your suggestion "holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds. Then, delete the headphones from the Bluetooth list on all previously connected devices. Connect them again and test the outcome." still the same issue 😐

Highlighted

What device does your friend have? It would be interesting to know if this is consistent with Android devices only. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

She also has an iphone.

At this point I don't know if the problem is with my headphone or it is a bug in andoroid

Highlighted

Thank you for clarifying @Kylee,

It does seem quite unusual to only happen with your phone. Is your Android OS up to date in terms of firmware? Have you checked you're running the latest version on the Nike Run Club app?