Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Re: I can't hear the coach voice Nike Run Club when connecting to Bose 700.

Yes, my android and Nike app are both the latest versions

Highlighted

Hi Kylee,

Thank you for checking that!

When you are using the app and listening to music, are you playing music from within the run club app or another app running in the background?

Also, what Android phone are you using? I've tested this on my Android as well and it seems to be working correctly for me on a few different sets of Bluetooth headphones.

Have you tried restarting your phone? Just in case that stops this from happening for you.

One thing I would definitely recommend checking, while your headphones are connected, is the Audio Feedback settings in the Nike Run app. If you open the menu and go to Settings > Run Settings > Audio Feedback, try changing some of the settings in there and see if this changes what you are hearing.

I hope this does the trick, let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

When you are using the app and listening to music, are you playing music from within the run club app or another app running in the background?

- I'm not playing any music outside the app

Also, what Android phone are you using? I've tested this on my Android as well and it seems to be working correctly for me on a few different sets of Bluetooth headphones.

- I have pixel 3. And as I mentioned I have tried it on other headphones and bluetooth speakers (including another bose speaker) and they are all fine.

Is it possible to try your android specifically on Bose NC 700?

Have you tried restarting your phone? Just in case that stops this from happening for you.

- yes many many times 🙂

One thing I would definitely recommend checking, while your headphones are connected, is the Audio Feedback settings in the Nike Run app. If you open the menu and go to Settings > Run Settings > Audio Feedback, try changing some of the settings in there and see if this changes what you are hearing.

I've already tried changing any setting that might be related. and I really don't think it's the app, since as I have mentioned before, the audio works just fine without this specific headphone. any other audio I have connected to my phone works fine. (two speakers, and one headphone)

I'm worried something is wrong with my headphones since no one else and no other headphone seems to have this problem

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

As our team has been unable to replicate the issue, this could either be a bug with your smartphone or the headphones. 

You could try to make a new user account on your phone to see if the issue persists. 

If it does, my final recommendation would be to seek an exchange on the headphones to see if this helps resolve the problem. Visit this link to find local support.

Thanks.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

I'm also having the exact same problem with my Bose SoundSport Frees on a Pixel 3 with the Nike Running App coach voice.

I've got other audio devices both wired and Bluetooth that work just fine - but my (new) Bose SoundSport Free doesn't work.

Happy to send more detail if needed.

Jamie.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

I'm also having this exact same problem with my pixel 3 and soundsports. I bought them a week ago to replace my horrible old earbuds for running with this app, but they do not work 😞

Please help!

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and sharing your experiences as well! It's really interesting that you are all using the Pixel 3 and seeing this issue, even if you aren't all using the same headphones.

I would highly recommend testing this with another phone/tablet if possible as well and seeing if you get the same from the app. It would be useful to know if this was just happening with the Pixel 3 and your headphones.

I've tried recreating this with a Pixel 3XL as well as other android phones and I haven't been able to so far, so it is looking as if there is something specific to the 3 that could be causing this.

Have you both tried the troubleshooting from this thread already? If not I would definitely recommend starting there and seeing if this changes the behavior you are seeing!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

I am having the same problem. I have a Pixel 3 and tested it with my Bose Sound pulse and the QC 35 II, same issue. The music keeps playing but I cannot hear the coach anymore. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

I'm having the same issue...tried with both Bose and other headphones, same thing.

Interestingly I also have a Pixel 3...so looks like it's an Android/Pixel 3 bug...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Hey,

Also have Pixel 3 and Sound Sport Free True Wireless headphones. Exactly same problem.