Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Identifying headphones

I have acquired some Bose Wireless Headphones with Bluetooth. I live in Australia but the phones may have originated anywhere on the planet. I am trying to find the model as the sound is a little tinny on connecting with both my phone and tablet, and there might be a firmware update.

I have searched the lists of models to no avail.

There is no serial number on the set, the only label is a small round with numbers around the outside and ZM 2017 in the centre. It may have nothing to do with the unit.

The set is black with a narrow bronze band around each earpad. The sides are labelled on the holding stirrup L and R.

The speakers backs are totally flat, completely round, with Bose printed on them. The plastic is finely grooved in very narrow concentric rings from the centre to the outside, like an old record. If you  shine a light across the surface it creates a narrow reflection line like 2 thin triangles expanding from the centre.

There are 2 small rectangular bronze lined apertures at the top of each ear piece with fine mesh.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Identifying headphones

Author Accepted Answer selected by wombat2537

Thanks for adding this photo Wombat2537. 

These are not official Bose headphones. If you have any further questions please do let us know. 

Thanks 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@wombat2537 In case people can't figure out the model number from the text, post a picture.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

"The speakers backs are totally flat, completely round, with Bose printed on them"

To be honest that makes them sound non-authentic as Bose headphones are oval shaped to fit around the ears.  Even the Soundlink On-Ears were not round.  If you can upload a photo, that may disprove me.

Alternatively, the good thing about most of the Bose BT headphones is you should be able to update them without knowing what they are.  Go to btu.bose.com with the headphones plugged in, and they should detect what they are and inform you if there is an update.  I think there's only one BT headphone that doesn't turn up here which is the AE2W (you can search for pics of that online, but from your description it shouldn't match)

Highlighted

Hey Wombat2537, 

I'd love to help. 

Please can you send us a photo of the headphones so that we can identify them?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Thanks for your replies, sorry, I'm new to this forum, how do I send a picture?

In the help instructions there is a camera link, but there is no link on this reply interface.

Cheers Wombat

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried the link you suggested but none of the headphones seem to initiate an update.

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

When you click reply, there should be some icons above the text box.  One of those will be "insert Photo"

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Thanks for the reply.

Yes there should be, however there is not. There are alignment icons, text formatting icons, attachment and emoji icons and one for a table, but no attach picture one  - odd

The best I can do is put a link here to Google Drive where I have uploaded a picture:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_3Ra1AutAgIC4p_nu-hxqe3Zf7YmXVWW/view?usp=sharing

Cheers wombat

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Yeah, those (+ not being able to update through the website) tell me they are not authentic however you may want to wait for official word from a Bose MOD.

Bose wouldn't have wireless written on them, and there are no Bose headphones with an sd card slot.

To me they look like Sony ripoffs (and not good ones) with a Bose label.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Identifying headphones

I know you must be busy but can you take a quick look at this..

The best I can do is put a link here to Google Drive where I have uploaded a picture:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_3Ra1AutAgIC4p_nu-hxqe3Zf7YmXVWW/view?usp=sharing

Cheers wombat