Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

In what situations is Self Voice on the NC700 supposed to work?

I recently purchased the NC700 headphones, and a key reason for my purchase was the Self Voice feature, as I'm hoping to avoid the situation where my voice sounds muffled and I can't hear myself talk.

Is Self Voice supposed to work in all situations where the NC700 speakers and microphone are connected (say, Zoom conferences where the NC700 is set for both speakers and mic) or does it only work in specific situations (like on a cell phone voice call)?

Thanks,

- Chris

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

Re: In what situations is Self Voice on the NC700 supposed to work?

Hi @chriswei

Thank you for reaching out and welcome! 

I'm glad to hear that you like the self voice feature. This should work in all situations. Are you experiencing issues with this?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Hi - thank you for the reply! Self Voice was working fine on a voice call the day I got the headphones. Then yesterday on a Zoom call it didn't seem to be working, but then today it seems to be working with Zoom. I turned the Self Voice strength to 'High'.

I'll continue to try it out and see if it's working consistently. I just wanted to make sure I understood where the feature is supposed to work

Thank you!

- Chris

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

I am having same issue. Self voice set to High.

When I make a call on my paired phone, it works great.

However,

When I am connected to my laptop and on a Zoom call, it is not wokring...it is paired with Windows 10/MS surface laptop. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

@marOne @chriswei @Jessie_O  any update regarding this issue? I have somewhat the same problem. The only time Self voice works is when I receive or make a phone calls via phone or teams/zoom but it seems that this option should work all the time.

Tried resetting and everything.

I found out if you connect to windows 10 and select (YourHeadphoneName Hands-Free AG audio) and play a sound the Self Voice turns and stays on as long as I'm playing the sound.

Example:

Here you can see that my Bose 700 headphones is called Roronoa-kun, usually it auto connects to Headphones (Roronoa-kun stereo). This is The correct connection. But I have changed my select playback device to Headset (Roronoa-kun Hands-Free AG Audio) after doing this any sound played will be of bad quality (which is normal). After doing that I played a video via youtube and instantly hear my own voice very clear, that stays on for as long as the video is playing and after that I don't hear my voice as clearly anymore (so the Self Voice turns off after the sound stops playing).

That makes me think this option is only ment for calls and not for regular use.

Poeria_0-1597318407905.png

Maby this would be of help for the following update....idk

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

It seems that with Self Voice I can hear my own voice ‘better’ (louder & clearer) on cell phone calls than on Zoom and similar apps from my laptop. I haven’t done a serious test or comparison yet, though, just observations.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

I haven't been able to get the Self Voice to work at all on my NC700s. These things suck so far for calls. I have had nothing but issues with them and your technical support department has no clue either. I use Dialpad and Zoom and it doesn't work for either. I am working on a windows 10 machine. I can connect to my music app on my iphone and see the Self Voice is turned on but it doesn't work at all. Does anyone know how to get self voice to work on the NC700s?

Highlighted

@ericshirk, let's explore this more. Does this happen when you make a normal call on your phone? If so, please can we try the following: 

1. Go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.

2. Perform a product reset, to do this:

- Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

- Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

- Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds.

3. Clear the Bluetooth device list on the headset by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button until you hear 'Device list cleared'.

Let me know how you get on. 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

@Vicky_W I have completed all of that with your tech support over the phone and just checked for an update this morning. Still no Self Voice at all. When this feature works, should I expect this to be similare to, "Side Tone"?

Side Tone (Definition): feedback in a telephone receiver, in particular the reproduction of the user's own voice.

Highlighted

@ericshirk when you say you are not getting 'Self Voice', what do you mean? This is active when the headset is on an active phone call, or when the connected device is using a HFP (hands-free profile) or HSP (headset profile) Bluetooth connection. Is your Windows 10 machine using the corresponding Bluetooth profiles at these times? If so, are you using any other additional devices/hardware - like an external mic etc? The headphones should be wirelessly connected to the device and using the headset's mic and speakers. Similarly, when the headset is paired to your phone for traditional cellular phone calls, can you hear sidetone? I note you also say the app says it's "on" but the app will actually say high/low/off, what one do you have it set to? Have you tested all the available settings?