Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

Re: In what situations is Self Voice on the NC700 supposed to work?

@Vicky_W I have it set to high. I have tried removing and reinstalling the app too. I get zero sidetone when using it for Zoom, Dialpad or when linked to my Iphone SE (New). I actually never have since purchase and been working with your support team since purchase. On both my iphone and my Win10 I am not connected to the LE version but the other version of the headset per tech support. What else can I try?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

@Vicky_W When I say no sidetone, I mean the only way I hear my voice is if I talk loud enough to hear myself despite Noise Cancelation. My voice does not play inside the headset on the speakers.

Highlighted

@ericshirk, Can I please clarify, exactly what phone calls are you using. Also, have you tried normal cellular calls on your iPhone? And please can we try flipping between off/low/high to test results and relay? It would be great to see if there is a difference.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

@Vicky_W I have tried changing between low/Medium/High and I tried making a call on my cell phone. I also tried updating the firmware on the headset again yesterday. On Windows 10 I use Dialpad and Zoom 95% of the time. That is what I bought this headset for. I did not buy it to use with my iPhone SE but the Self Voice doesn't work when I make calls on my iphone either. Of all of the above, nothing has worked. 

Highlighted

I'm sorry to hear this Ericshirk. 

Have you tried rebooting your phone? It is strange that you are not experiencing the 'Self Voice' with normal cellular calls. Have you been able to test with another phone? 

If you do not experience any improvement, I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. We will do all we can for you! 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

@Vicky_W I am in Colombia and do not speak Spanish. Also, when I called the Colombian support number it was out of service. I called the US number (I sm a US citizen) and found out I actually was calling the phillipines. The “US” support team tried calling the Colombian support number and confirmed it was out of service. I bought these in Bogotá in the international wing of the airport. The only way to get back there is to book another international flight that happens to go through Bogotá. I have had three bose tech support people on the phone and none of them even knew what self voice was. They all had to look it up and put me through the same procedures you have. I would love to get these working. Is there someone that can help at Bose or maybe I just need to accept that I bought something from Bose that doesn’t work and they don’t support?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

I have not been able to get self voice to work at all with my iphone or windows 10 using zoom, dialpad or facebook live. I am trying to return these now to the duty free store I bought them at in the Bogota airport but they refused to take them back within their 60 day return policy. I called Bose and you will not take the return either. I am now down to asking Visa to refund my purchase. 

Highlighted

Hey Eric,

I do apologize for the inconvenience so far, but I'd be happy to advise your next steps. If the store guaranteed you a 60-day return policy, they should allow you to return the headphones as you request. Were you able to contact Bose support by phone and have them communicate with the assistant at the Bogota store you're trying to return to? Your product will have a manufacturer's warranty, so you should be able to request a replacement if you feel this issue is unresolvable.

Was this offered to you by support when you contact the US team?