Insufficient details in release notes for Firmware patches

Friendly Fanatic

Insufficient details in release notes for Firmware patches

Sooo,

A new Firmware (2.5.3) was pushed to my QC35 when I opened the Connect App on my Android Phone (8.0)

I have a few suggestions as to how to improve information flow on that process though:

• The App did not notified me, that an update was available
    • I have not silenced this Apps push notifications
  • The App did not showed me the release notes, just a update button on top of my headphone's image.
    • Release notes would be nice to see in the App, so the user is informed of what this firmware update will do/fix
    • Release notes are also not to be found after the update anywhere in the App
  • Release notes themselves are rather sparse in detail and hard to find
    • I had to go into the bose community and search there for the release notes to find them
      • neither a Google/Bing search resulted in a front page link
      • searching on the bose main website for Firmware 2.5.3 and similar terms did not result in any hits
      • going into the support sub-page and navigating to the QC35 page did also not mentioned the latest release notes
    • The Release notes themselves (after i finally found them) did not contain very useful information
      • I was presented with the generic points that give no insight whatsoever:
        • Bug fixes and improvements
          • What was fixed? What was improved, in what way?
        • Improves multi-point experience with some mobile devices
          • Improved in what way?
          • What is multi-point? I can't find this feature in the Product page nor the Owner's Guide

It would be very much apreaciated if the communication about the feature set and updates of you products would be more precise.

Thank You.

Bald, Bold, Bearded
10 REPLIES
Friendly Fanatic

Re: Insufficient details in release notes for Firmware patches

Ignore my remark about wondering what multi-point is. I just found it in the User Manual within the Connect App. Still, I have no idea in what way this has been improved, so cannot personally verify the improvement(s) are indeed a thing
Bald, Bold, Bearded
Audible Advocate

Completely agree with you. I was looking high and low and Google but I found nothing but your great comments and suggetions. I would expect Bose to do much much better in this aspect. Being secrative does not build confidence in anyone. Thanks for bringing it up for eveyone's benefit. My respects to you.

Audible Advocate

I would also like more details about these "fixes and enhancements". Is it too much to ask of Bose that they inform their loyal customer base in what ways our product has been "Enhanced"?  (Considering the £329 some of us have paid for our QC35s)

Thanks

Audible Advocate

I agree completely. I looked loads too. Wanted to see the changelog and what other things are affected such as bluetooth, ANC, etc. A changelog in the app and not forcing updates would also be good. Seeing as most people didn't want to update from the original version to 2.51.

Thanks for speaking out Smiley Happy

Audible Advocate

I agree completely. I looked loads too. Wanted to see the changelog and what other things are affected such as bluetooth, A N C, etc. A changelog in the app and not forcing updates would also be good. Seeing as most people didn't want to update from the original version to 2.51.

Thanks for speaking out Smiley Happy

Quiet Contributor

QC35: I was trying to downgrade with advanced mode, but this option is no longer available. I am afraid that I'm hearing too much of the stuttering after upgrade. This is now really unusable.

Hi qihuan,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear about that. I'm happy to help get that working for you. Could I ask what troubleshooting you have already done? 

Please come back and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Yes, I try to recall what I have tested and observed:

Before I upgraded, the headphone was only stuttering when I do strong movement, like bumping on the floor with the bike. Now it stutters each step I walk.

When I put my phone closer or even disconnect from bluetooth, the same stuttering is there. As long as the right cup moves (e.g. knocking with finger), it stutters.

I didn't drop the headphone or anything in the meantime to destroy the coil/elements inside. And the stutter only happens on the right cup. It's quite annoying and I can't use it any more.

I noticed it very clearly because yesterday/the day before, the headphone reset itself to 1.0.6 and started to re-upgrade automatically with BOSE connect APP, it took a very long time. And afterwards, the above issues occurred.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

I forgot to mention that the stuttering only happens when I turn on ANC and slightly knocks on the right cup.

And it has nothing to do with bluetooth: I have tried to disconnect all bluetooth devices and use the backup cable or re-connect with only my iPhone, same problem.

Now I only want to downgrade to the earlier version due to this incompatibility. If it's not possible with the BOSE updater now, is it an option to go to a local store and do the downgrade there?