Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Intermittent disconnecting and reconnecting while being connected to 2 devices on a call

Hi all,

I have this very frustrating issue - while I am connected to a laptop and phone over bluetooth, the iphone randomly disconnects and immediately reconnects. This is happening only when I am making a call over skype from the laptop. It is happening very frequently, roughly once per 2-3 minutes. It always results in my being disconnected from the call temporarily while the voice promp informs me that the iphone was lost and the reconnected. 

This was happening with my QuiteControl 2 but less frequently. I have tried this with several different computers and phones and the result was always the same.

Kind regards,

Filip

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Intermittent disconnecting and reconnecting while being connected to 2 devices on a call

Hi Filips,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having connection issues with your headphones and I would be happy to help with this.

So I can assist you as accurately as possible, could you let me know which headphones you are using when you experience this? If you are unsure you can check by using the Product Identifier.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Re: Intermittent disconnecting and reconnecting while being connected to 2 devices on a call

Hi Keith,

thank you for picking this up.

My current headphones are NC 700, before it was happening with QuietControl 2 as well.

Kind regards,

Filip

Highlighted

Hi Filip,

Thank you for providing that information.

Where your previous headphones also doing this on multiple devices?

There are some steps we can try to correct this. The first thing I would recommend would be a reset of your headphones. To do this you would need to:

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones.
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on.
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

If this does not resolve the issue, it would also be a good idea to clear the Bluetooth pairing on the headphones, and your laptop and phone, then reconnect them. To clear the pairing on the headphones you need to turn the headphones on, then press and hold the power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a notification.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Hi Keith,

I have tried both of the options you provided and unfortunately the issue persists.

Additionally I have noticed that whenever I am on a Skype call and my phone screen comes on for any reason (any notification, unlocking of the phone) the computer audio is paused, even if the phone is set to silent mode.

Please, can you help? This is really detrimental to my overall experience with my headset.

Kind regards,

Filip

Highlighted

Hi FIlipS,

Thank you for trying that and letting me know.

One thing that would definitely be worth trying, is turning off notification and system sounds on your iPhone. It is possible that even on silent, the phone still sends some notification information to the headphones and this is overriding the computer audio.

You can turn these off on your iPhone by going to your settings > sounds & haptics, then choose the system sounds to turn off from this page. Also some notification settings are under 'notifications' in the settings menu, and you can turn those off for certain apps from there.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Hi Keith,

I am sorry but what you are suggesting is not going to work because the issue does not occur only when a notification pops up, but anytime the phone screen comes on - like when I unlock the phone, or just turn the screen on. Also, I like to receive my notifications.

Please, can you share any update on the reconnecting issue?

Kind regards,

Filip

Highlighted

Hi FilipS,

I may have misunderstood your earlier, so I do apologize for that. As you mentioned it happening with the notifications and waking the screen, it did seem like system noises from the phone could be the culprit for this and it would be worth testing.

You mentioned in this thread that you managed to improve skype performance by disabling skypes system sounds. Has this had any impact on the audio pausing here as well?

Does it make any difference in which order you connect to the two devices? If you connect to the laptop first, then connect the phone, does this have any impact on the audio pausing?

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

Hi Keith,

unfortunately no - that resolved the issue when computer sounds where interfering with Skype on the same computer. The issues remain active.

It seems it does not matter which device is connected first. Sometimes the Music app from Bose shows that sound is streamed from my iphone, even when the iPhone is not and should not be making any sounds. Even disconnecting and reconnecting the iPhone solves this. When this happens any activity on my iPhone pauses Skype audio from computer.

At the same time the random constant auto disconnect and reconnect of the iPhone keeps occurring.

Kind regards,

Filip

Highlighted

Hi Filips,

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

I've been looking into this on our end for you, and it does appear this disconnection issue is something our software team is currently investigating and working on a fix for. 

As you mentioned this had been happening with multiple phones and computers previously could you let me know the make/model and firmware versions of the devices you tested? I would like to pass this information on to our team to aid with their work to resolve this.

Kind Regards,

Keith L