Highlighted
b700wuc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Is Bose planning on fixing the Bose Music app?

Just another frustrating experience that I've had with the NC 700 headphones.

Is Bose even aware than the app doesn't even connect a lot of the time?

Based on my experience and on a lot of comments in the forum, it's always "connection to the product has been lost" and "can't connect" even though the phone is connected to the headphones in Bluetooth settings.

I can't spend 5 minutes turning on/off headphones and phone's Bluetooth until app works. Are they planning to fix it? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is Bose planning on fixing the Bose Music app?

Hello B700wuc, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with connecting your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 to the Bose Music App. 

We would like to do what we can to assist you with this. 

So that we do not re-advise you, can you inform us on what troubleshooting you have already attempted to resolve this issue?

Can you also inform us what device you are trying to connect your headphones to and its software version?

Please let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

b700wuc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

The app version is 2.4.3

The firmware version of the NC 700 headphones is "1.2.11.1894.55bc538"

Both are supposed to be up to date. The troubleshooting I've done is resetting the headphones by doing this:

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

I've also tried removing the NC 700 from my laptop and unpair/forget them on my phone as well and then pressing and holding the power button until I hear "all devices cleared" then re-pair both my phone and laptop.

The issue still exists the app always says "connection lost", "product not found", etc.

Sometimes I turn off and on the headphones until they are recognized, sometimes I turn off and on the Bluetooth on the phone then go to Bluetooth settings an manually tap to connect on "Bose 700". Other times I have to open "recent app" then tap on app icon -> app info -> force stop and reopen de app until it finally connect to the headphones after I open the app and tap on "Bose NC 700 Headphones" from my list of my products.

Hello b700wuc, 

Thanks for getting back to us with this information. We appreciate you giving this troubleshooting a go, I apologise that this issue persists. 

Can you please inform us of the make and model of your laptop and phone? Can you also confirm its software versions?

Does there appear to be any pattern as to when you are unable to connect or when connection is lost? For example any particular environment you experience this issue more often?

Do let us know, we would love to look into this with you further. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

b700wuc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Laptop it's a dell inspiron 15 with Windows 10 build 18362.418

Phone is a Samsung Note 10+ with Android 9 (OneUI Version 1.5 / build version: N975U1UES2ASJ8).

The "Bose Music" App is of course installed on the Note 10+ the pattern is everytime I open the app they are not connected, I see a "My Bose" list of products in which I can tap on the headphones "Bose NC 700 Headphones", a few times it connects at the first try but most of the times I have to do the troubleshooting described on my previous post. Most of the times force stopping the app and reopening works.

If I go home tap home or switch to another app but reopen or switch back immediately to the Bose Music app within 30 seconds it would be still connected but anything longer than 30 seconds when I reopen de app it is again on "My bose" list of products

b700wuc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Why I cannot see my other topic regarding the headphones not automatically connecting to my phone when I turn the headphones on? (I have to force connection from Bluetooth settings or "Bose Music" app)

https://community.bose.com/t5/Removed-Content/Bose-700-only-connect-to-laptop-when-I-turn-them-on/td...

When I try to open the website, it says:

"You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.
Click your browser's Back button to continue.
Return to my original page"