Is my QC35 broken?

Silent Starter

Is my QC35 broken?

The sound suddenly cut off mid-song on qc35 and now only makes static noises. I didnt use wireless (because i didnt charge it for a few monthes) and used it with a line, and at first because i thought it was the wire's issue, I changed into a new one, but it only continued to create static noises (only at max volume). Nothing happened while I was listening to the song, so did It just randomly break?

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Strident Supporter

Re: Is my QC35 broken?

I don't work for Bose but here is how I would troubleshoot.

1. It could be either the miniplug connection on one end or the app playing the music.  So try another app.  If it is still happening, its a miniplug issue.  Then you need to plug something else into the miniplug to listen.  If it goes away, it's the QC35 miniplug.  If not, its the other miniplug.

2. If you determine it is not your Qc35ii, then you may still want to check out the QC35ii with the other device's bluetooth (BT).  In other word words 'pair' the two and see if there is still a problem.  It may go away (though you may still have an app or mini plug issue on the other end).  If it does not go away, you will need to troubleshoot with BT further to determine if it is (a) the app, or (b) the bluetooth implementation on your other device or (c) your QC35ii.  So you will need to BT your QC35ii to another music playing device to confirm or eliminate it and you will need to connect another BT hearing device to your playing to device to confirm or eliminate your playing device.

Hope this makes sense.

Bose may come up with other ideas once you do some or all of the above.

Re: Is my QC35 broken?

Hi knightandy,

Thanks for posting. To add on to the great troubleshooting offered by @joelirwin I would just add a few things

• You have replaced the cable, so that takes that out of the list of possible faults. Just plug the headphones into another mobile device to see if the problem is still there.
  • If you find that the issue is with your QC35 please reach out to your local support team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G.