mac-w
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2020

Issue connecting QC 35 II earphones to new ipad

I am experiencing some difficulty connecting my QC 35 II headphones to my new Ipad. I have followed all the tutorials, used the BOSE connect app, tried a hard reset, tried removing old devices from the headset but I am still experiencing the same. issue of not getting connected. I paid almost £300 for this headset just over 2 years ago and the cans worked okay with my previous Ipad and Iphone,  I just cannot get them to connect with my new device. Very frustrating that something that costs so much is susceptible to failure so easily. Is there any solution to this at all? 

10 REPLIES 10
Jessie_O

Re: Issue connecting QC 35 II earphones to new ipad

Hi mac-w, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your QC35 II connecting to your iPad. 

I'll be more than happy to help! Can you tell me which iPad you have so I can offer the most accurate information possible?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
mac-w
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2020

I have an ipad pro 4th Generation.  Headphones are not being recognised via the Bose connect app nor the bluetooth pairing on device. I have latest firmware on both device and headphones. Thanks

Keith_L

Thanks for letting us know that mac-w.

When you say the headphones are not being recognized by the Bose Connect app or the Bluetooth device list, are you able to find the headphones at all with the app or in the device list? Are they being detected but not able to connect, or are they not being detected at all?

If they are not being detected at all, make sure your headphones have successfully gone into pairing mode by following THESE steps. Once in pairing mode, it's also worth checking whether any other Bluetooth devices, like a smartphone or laptop, are able to detect the headphones as well.

Let me know how you get on.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
mac-w
Participant
Registered since

Aug 22, 2020

Hi

I have tried pairing the headphones - they are not showing up in device list on my ipad - other devices do, bluetooth speakers for example. When in pairing mode the headphones say they are looking for ipad pro then iphone which are old devices that I no longer own. I have tried clearing these items from the headphones but have not been able to. The headphones should pair when I switch pair mode on but they do not

Keith_L

Thanks for the update on this mac-w!

It is odd that you are unable to clear the pairing list. When clearing the pairing list, you need to turn the headphones on, then slide and hold the Bluetooth/Power button to the Bluetooth symbol until you hear a notification. Is this what you are doing to clear the pairing? After doing so, does the Bluetooth LED blink blue?

As the iPad is unable to see the headphones at all, do you have any other Bluetooth devices that you could try and pair to the headphones? It would be useful to know whether any device can see them and whether this is just an issue with the iPad or not.

Regjag
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

Dalya
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2020

I have the same problem. iPad Bluetooth does not detect the quiet 35II headphones. The headphones successfully connect to iPhone.  Also on the iPad, the Bose connect app recognizes the headphones. But the iPad Bluetooth doesn’t see the headphones. I rebooted the iPad, it did not help. Can you please advise?

Sam_F

Hi Dalya,

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing difficulty connecting your QC35 II headphones to your iPad. Do you have, or have you ever had, issues connecting other headphones to your iPad in the past? Also, is your iPad running the most up-to-date iOS, to ensure compatibility?

In the Bose Connect app, when your headphones are recognized, what happens when you swipe down to connect?

ValerieB
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2021

Hi, 

I’m trying to connect my Bose QC 35II to the iPad Pro but nothing comes on the bluetooth list. It works on my desktop and iPhone. 

This is annoying. 

Best regards, 

Valerie