TT@MT
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

Issue with Bose QC25

I need a little help.  I have a pair of Bose QC25 headphones that I pair with an iPhone XR.  I can play music from the iPhone on the QC25s and everything works just fine.  For some reason, though, I can't take phone calls while wearing the headphones.  The phone call comes out via speaker phone and my voice is captured by the iPhone mic rather than the inline cable mic for the QC25s.  

(I should point out that the QC25 cord won't plug directly into the iPhone, so I use Apple's Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter.)

When I use my Apple earbuds with the iPhone, though, the phone call comes through the earbuds and the earbud mic captures my voice.  In other words, it works perfectly.

So why do the QC25s work great when I'm using them for music via my iPhone, but not work at all when I want to make or receive a phone call?  If anyone can explain this, and offer a solution,  I'd truly appreciate it.

Thanks!

TT

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Issue with Bose QC25

First thing to do is check you have the right QC25 cable.  The Samsung/android version should have a "s" on the remote/mic (or maybe a little android symbol).  If it doesn't have that it shoudl be the apple version.

Next is to try another 3.5mm-lighting adaptor (especially if yours is not an original Apple one).  I've known these to be temperamental, and because they are made so cheaply, they often lose function easily.  I've even known these to allow full control on one iphone and not another.

TT@MT
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

Re: Issue with Bose QC25

Thanks.  I truly appreciate the suggestions.