Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Issue with Bose music app

Have just bought the Bose 700 headphones. In the Bose music app, I can see the headphones but can't seem to access the full menu. Have tried again and again but every time I try to add it as new product, it just asks me to connect again via Bluetooth.

Don't know if I am doing something wrong. Need help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Re: Issue with Bose music app

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kevh

@Kevh  No worries.

Please make sure you have updated Android app to 3.2.5 version, it's the latest update from last week, not perfect but a bit more stable - thanks very much Bose!
Close app in task manager, turn on headphones, next turn on app, and do not click 'connect' button, just wait should be connected automatically. If not, close app in task manager again, an re-open, don't click 'connect'.
Let me know if it's working for you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Hey Kevh,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry that you've had some trouble with setting up your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, I will be happy to help you with this so you can benefit from the full functionality of the headphones through the Bose Music app. 

To begin, could you please confirm which device you intend to connect them to?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for your reply. Trying to connect them to Google Pixel 3. Have downloaded the latest version of the Bose Music app.

Kind regards,

Kev

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this. 

So when you set up the headphones on the app, you will be invited to connect them via the native Bluetooth settings on your phone. Is this what you are experiencing? If so, please go ahead with this. Once you have, return to the app and you should be able to continue with the setup.

If I have misunderstood the problem you are experiencing, I apologize and please do let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

The pairing works fine. But when I try to add the headphones through the app, I can only get to the Get Connected. Once I click on the 700 headphones, it brings up the graphic of asking me to push the Bluetooth button but the device is already connected. Nothing happens from there. Thanks.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

@Kevh  I'll try to help you, but please search this forum, there is a lot of posts with the same issue, as you should know this is a common nightmare problem, and not only one...

If the problem still exists, please answer following questions:

Can you see headphones on the phone Bluetooth connection list?
Did you connect before?

If yes -
Did you change the name of headphones?
Are you trying to connect with the new Bose ID, headphones name and, and email?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Hi @madbooba 

Thanks for your help with this one and apologies for my delayed reply.

- I can see the headphones in the native OS list (Android). 

- The connection for listening to music and other apps on the phone works fine. No issues there.

- Just had an extra development since my last post. My original issue was on an Android phone. To try something different, I tried the same thing on my iPhone. I have both phones. It worked fine on the iPhone and I could access all the settings on the Bose Music app. I used the same Bose ID I had created on my Android id to sign in. So I was sort of relieved that it is at least working on one of my phones. I also ended up changing the headphone Bluetooth name.

- But tried again yesterday and the iPhone can no longer find the headphone in the Bose Music app. Even tried forgetting the device and starting fresh but still can't do it.

Hopefully this information helps. Please let me know if you need any further info.

Kind regards,
Kev

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kevh

@Kevh  No worries.

Please make sure you have updated Android app to 3.2.5 version, it's the latest update from last week, not perfect but a bit more stable - thanks very much Bose!
Close app in task manager, turn on headphones, next turn on app, and do not click 'connect' button, just wait should be connected automatically. If not, close app in task manager again, an re-open, don't click 'connect'.
Let me know if it's working for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

hi @madbooba 

That worked thanks. Updating the app definitely did the trick. The only extra step I had to take was to put the headphone into connect mode after opening the app. Since then the app seamlessly connects with the headphone without any issues. Fingers crossed, it keeps going on like that.

Really a big thanks to you and appreciate your assistance.

Kind regards,
Kev