Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2020

Issue with QC35 II and Bluetooth (Windows 10 on Macbook Pro using Bootcamp)

Hey all,

I've been trying to get my headphones, the QC35 II,  to connect via bluetooth properly so I can use the microphone capabilities for meetings. The issue is that when it connects, the sub"title" below the device connection shows "Audio" but I know it should be showing Audio and call (or calling)? or other features.

Screenshot_012220_044813_PM.jpgScreenshot_012220_044911_PM.jpg

I've tried multiple applications like Zoom or even voice recorder, but the headphones do not show up as an input device.

I found this this thread that recommends taking a look at the bluetooth profile: 

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Computer-Related-Informational-Post/m-p/121144#M129...

And it looks completely fine with, I'm guessing, "AudioWear Voice" and "Handsfree Telephony".

Screenshot_012220_043038_PM.jpgScreenshot_012220_042925_PM.jpg

But if you look at Device Manager, the AudioWear, AudioWear Voice is showing up under "Other devices".

Device manager.jpg

Is my OS lacking a driver that allows me to connected the headphones as input as well? It works totally fine when I boot into Mac.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Re: Issue with QC35 II and Bluetooth (Windows 10 on Macbook Pro using Bootcamp)

Did you resolve this? I am having the same issue. Thanks, Ian.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2020

Nope, still waiting for a solution

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Was their ever a fix to this?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

I hope this helps.  Due to limitations of the supported Bluetooth standard, Windows does not support Stereo Headphone and Headset Microphones being used simultaneously. 

In the Sound applet in Control panel make sure that Headset is set in both the Playback and Recording tabs.

Note: there will be a noticeable drop in auto quality as the Headset profile doesn't support HQ Stereo.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/92097799_10157748050270862_5413962196805746688_n.jpg?_... 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to try and help us. Sadly that solution doesn't work. Windows is not recognizing the headphones as a headset, meaning there is no "Headset" profile, just a "Headphone" profile. Ian.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Same issue here...

My headphones are correctly recognized by my Lenovo Laptop which I've had for a couple of years.

On the MacBook Pro 16" I just got and installed Windows on, the headphones are only recognized as speakers, not as microphone. Tried unpairing and pairing them again a couple of times, no luck.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

I am experiencing the same issues. Any luck?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 9, 2020

I'm having the same exact issue:

• MacBook Pro 2019 13 inch 4x USB C
  • Bootcamp to Windows 10 Home

Bluetooth stereo headphones designed for mobile devices with microphones connect as music only and not music and communication. This is the same issue with Apple Airpods Pro, Jabra Evolve 65 MS, Jabra Elte 65T, and Bose QC35.

I've been able to get around this by using a USB A Bluetooth dongle that I picked up for $20. I have a Mac>>>USB-C>>Samsung SH850 Monitor with USB-A ports. I use the Bluetooth dongle by disabling the internal Bluetooth Radio in Device Manager.  I pair the headset again and things work beautifully.  The only issue now is that I can't use the headsets if I don't use my external monitor or use a dongle which is a huge bummer.