Highlighted
wilansma
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Issues with Bose 709 conversation mode

Hi, I was hoping the latest update from Bose would solve this issue but apparently not. Conversation mode works for only a couple of seconds in some applications; in particular YouTube and Amazon Music. When listening if I hold the button for conversation mode it works great and I can hear outside noise for about 3 or 4 seconds. It then automatically reverts to NC mode without me turning it off. This doesn’t happen in every application. For instance Netflix and YouTube TV work fine. Has anyone else experienced this! Is is on my end?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Issues with Bose 709 conversation mode

Hello Wilansma, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the conversation mode feature of your Noise Cancellation Headphones 700. 

Can you firstly confirm that you are correctly activating conversation mode. 

• Press and hold the Noise Control button for 1 second

Then to turn off conversation mode;

• Press any button or tap the touch surface. The headphones return to the previous noise cancelling level and resume playing audio.

Can you please inform us on what device you are connecting your headphones to?

Does this occur when you connect a different Bluetooth device to your headset?

Please let us know, we would love to do what we can to assist you with this matter. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

wilansma
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Hi, yes I can confirm I did everything you asked. The same issues arose when I used my iPad Pro 11 and IPhone 11 Pro Max. The conversation mode reverts back automatically to full NC within a matter of seconds for Amazon Music and YouTube. Like I said below, the issue does not occur on all apps. It works fine on Netflix. I’m curious: are you able to check this out on your end. Turn on conversation mode with YouTube? Are you having issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

BrowPelu2
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Sadly, they didn't resolve this annoying bug with their latest firmware update. 

BrowPelu2
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

There are pages and pages about this problem. I can't believe you fellas didn't do anything to resolve this with your latest update. Disappointed!

wilansma
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Re: Issues with Bose 700 conversation mode

Hi again, I just wanted to follow up on the below issues. Has anyone looked into this?