Highlighted
ljs14b
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

Issues with Windows 10 PC- Crackling and connecting to "Voice"

Hello,

I got a replacement for my Bose 700s earlier last month due to the same issues. I have purchased the Bose 700s in October, and connections with Apple IOS products do not have the following problem. When I connect my headphones to my desktop PC, the Bluetooth connections only allow for "Voice" connection instead of "audio," If I wanted to get it connected to both voice and audio, I would have to remove the connection and reconnect the devices. When I do get them connected, music, movies, and video-audio sound like it is skipping (like when a scratched CD is played on the CD player). I have called and reported this same issue in October and had to wait three weeks to get my replacement. 

When the headset is on and connected to a Windows device, there is a clicking noise that I have noticed in both the new and former Bose 700s that I had exchanged.

Please advise,

Laura

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Issues with Windows 10 PC- Crackling and connecting to "Voice"

Hi ljs14b,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues when using your headphones with your PC and I would be happy to help.

We do have a post with useful information using Bluetooth devices with a computer that you may find useful for the 'voice' connection issue you are experiencing.

With the clicking noise you noticed, do we experience this all the time while connected to a Windows device? Or does it only do it when we are playing from the Windows device?

Also, does it do this with any Windows device? Or is it specific to just one computer?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

ljs14b
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

Dear Keith,

Thank you for your response! I experience the clicking every time I am connected to either one of my Windows devices- the 2018 HP Pavillion desktop and the Surface Pro X. I do not experience the clicking whenever I listen on IOS devices.

Hi ljs14b,

That's quite alright. 

Just to clarify, do you hear the clicking noise all the time when connected to the windows devices? Or does it only start when you play audio from them?

Also when you mention a 'clicking' noise how often is it clicking? Is this a constant clicking? A single click that happens every so often? Or a regular infrequent clicking?

Kind Regards,

Keith L

ljs14b
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

Hi Keith,

I get the clicking noises probably every 30 seconds and playing audio exacerbates it so that any sort of music that I want to listen to sounds manages to get a playback of 2 second intervals. Any audio I get from a Windows device connected to the Bose has clicks and is choppy, like a scratched CD. This happened in my original pair that I got replaced and is still happening in this new pair I got.

In sum: I get clicking noises every 30 seconds without audio and every 2 seconds with audio when connected to a Windows device.

Hi Laura,

Thank you for coming back to us!

I would recommend clearing the pairing list on the headphones and source device. Once complete repair one of your windows devices and re-pair.

Let me know if this helps!

Kindest,

Jessie O – Community Support

ljs14b
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

Hello, I have cleared all bluetooth connections so many times I have lost count. This is a constant issue.

Hello Laura,

Thank you for trying that and letting us know.

Something else that would be useful to know about the situation would be, do you experience this clicking when connected to a single windows device only? Or would you get the sound when you have more than one device connected only?

Also would changing the noise cancellation level affect the clicks or how frequently you hear those?

Kind Regards,

Keith L