Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

It's sad that Bose no longer releases software updates for the QC35 II

It's been so long since the QC35 II received a firmware update that I get the impression that Bose no longer cares for the QC35 II. I wouldn't mind a placebo stabilisation update.

I'd be less sad if they cared to announce officially that they'll be stopping software updates for it. But instead, they leave us in the blank. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: It's sad that Bose no longer releases software updates for the QC35 II

@FullmetalJunI don't work for Bose but I am not surprised.  I known many different Bose products involving QC35, Revolve, Mini 2 and Soundsport.  Not a single one of them has been updated in 2020.  I don't believe Bose is picking on/singling out the QC35ii.  The 700 which is essentially still new, was updated once in May.

My guess is that Covid has slowed down any team development work on all their products and thus I would be pleasantly surprised if there is an update for any of the above in 2020.  It is really hard to develop and test something of the complexity of firmware when working out of your house.  Firmware is worked on by many - zoom meetings can go only so far. 🙂