LE QC35ii not showing up

Quiet Contributor

LE QC35ii not showing up

No matter how much I try, I can’t seem to get a Bluetooth connection to the LE Bose QC35ii, while I’m connected over Bluetooth to the Bose QC35ii.
6 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: LE QC35ii not showing up

Hi rhysster974,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Can you provide which mobile device you're trying to connect the headset with?

Thanks!

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

I am using the IPhone 8 Plus on IOS 12.1 at the moment

Hi rhysster974

Thanks for the clarification.  Are you not able to get the communication side of things working?  If I remember correctly, with iOS 12, it should only show the headset in the Bluetooth list once without the LE designation.  I currently use an iPhone X with 12.1 and it shows up just as the headset once.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Quiet Contributor

Yes, I only have the connection once connected to Bose QC35ii, but I can’t get the LE Bluetooth connection to come up at all. It’s not showing no matter what I try.

Hello rhysster974, 

I don't believe the iOS Bluetooth display shows the LE connection, even though it is active. I just verified on my iPhone 8 running 12.1. My win10 laptop shows both, however. I suspect that it is just a matter of how each system's designers chose to treat the LE connection. Apple seems content to let it run in the background. 

Let us know if you find something different.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

It’s strange as when I was on iOS 11, it displayed booth the normal and the LE connection. I don’t know if this has changed since IOS 12 has released.