kagy
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

LG OLED on HDMI 2, Bose QuietComfort 35 II is "listening" to HDMI 1

Odd problem.  I've successfully paired my headphones to my new LG OLED CX TV, and they work ok when listening to cable on HDMI 1, but when the input is from Apple TV on HDMI 2, my headphones are still receiving the sound from HDMI 1.  

Similarly, but little to do with this thread, I have my optical cable from the TV supplying source audio to a Bose sound-bar, with a splitter running to a hearing aid device that sends audio to my hearing aids via bluetooth.  Works great with HDMI 1, but absolutely no signal when TV is on HDMI 2.

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L

Re: LG OLED on HDMI 2, Bose QuietComfort 35 II is "listening" to HDMI 1

Hi kagy,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

It's very strange that the headphones continue playing audio from HDMI 1 when you change the TV input to HDMI 2. The headphones will only be able to play the audio the TV sends to them, so it is likely that this is being caused by a setting on the TV. As something similar is happening with the devices you have connected via optical to the TV, it may be there is a setting controlling what audio is played from each output connected to the TV that is causing both issues. I'd definitely recommend reaching out to LG about this as they will know what setting to change so your audio outputs play the correct audio.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!