wtwolf
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

Re: Latest Bose music app makes my iPhone freeze up

I'm experiencing the same issue, where the Bose Music App freezes, rendering the entire IOS device unusable for several minutes.  By closing the app before the device goes into auto-lock (or sleep) mode, the behavior can be avoided.  This is occurring on both an iPhone and an iPad running IOS 12.4.9.  Therefore, it's not isolated to a problem with the device and most likely a compatibility problem with the app and this version of IOS.  It seems that Bose is not acknowledging this as a defect in the Bose Music App.  By the way, that version of IOS is the current release available for both my devices.  

Jessie_O

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues. 

I would recommend rebooting your iPhone. Hopefully, this will help to resolve this issue with your iPhone freezing. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
wtwolf
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

Is this the best response Bose has to offer?  An automated reply without reading the body of my post? So far, I've seen this 'solution' posted several times on the forum, and not once has it remedied the problem that exists in the Bose Music App.  It appears that Bose is unwilling to accept this as a defect and that customer satisfaction isn't high on the the list of priorities.

Stephan Tomasi
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2020

I m having exactly the same issue.

I m using an iPhone 6 running iOS 12.4.8 and the latest version of the Bose Music App 4.2.4

I bought the NC700

Since I installed the App the Phone constantly freezes, this is not acceptable since I m using this phone for business and starts to freeze when there are calls coming in as well! 

There is so many complaints about this app and the problems they are causing, from popular YouTube channels to online forums.

Bose people why are you not able to fix this issues. I replay love the design of the 700s but this basically renders my phone and the headphones useless. It's always a shame when nice hardware gets destroyed by software.

Please provide a solution for this, I will probably not be the only person who returns the headphones I can imagine.

Awaiting your feedback

Thanks 

Mtraa
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2020

I have the same issue on an iPhone 8 Plus. After installing the Bose Music app my phone keeps freezing. Not just the Bose app, but other apps are affected too. Sometimes the whole phone freezes and rebooting (holding in the lock button and volume button) does not restart the phone. Running on software version 12.3.2

slowpolka
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

I have this issue as well, on an iPhone 8, software version 12.4. If I start the headphones and they connect to my phone - because they're paired obviously - my phone will freeze up, even if the phone has just been sitting on the desk. Half the times this will lead to the total freeze up with rebooting not working, and other times it will be... well, a total freeze up but the phone wakes up after a couple of minutes. Either way, it's kind of ridiculous.

Came here looking for something like a software update on its way, and was actually hopeful when I saw others were having the same issue. Then I read the answers. The responses from Bose in this thread are disappointing, to say the least. 

Is there anything we (or, preferably, Bose) can do about this? An answer that not in any way says "rebooting your iPhone", which all of us seems to have tried without any success, would be very much appreciated. Thank you. 

garyjfaulkner
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

I have the same problem, not happy.

garyjfaulkner
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

Bose ...... its your app!!! fix it.

erock
Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2020

iphone 6 

latest firmware

latest version of app

same issue.

Just posting to add proof to "its your phone setup not our app" responses and any other deflecting. I no longer expect a response from Bose. 

Here is your solution - buy the overpriced bluetooth dongle and upgrade your phone. 
As horrible as it sounds, it would be better to just hear Bose admit it.

so over Bose - last pair I'll buy.

wtwolf
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

The latest Bose Music update, Version 4.3.3, have been downloaded and installed.  Despite the accompanying claim: "A few tweaks and fine-tuning make the app more stable and less buggy", the problem remains unchanged.

The freezing problem persists where, when the device goes to sleep while the Bose Music is running, it takes well over 2 minutes to recover from a catastrophic failure, to a usable status.  It includes what appears to be a reboot before presenting the passcode prompt.  This behavior wouldn't be so irksome if all functionality of the soundbar was available with the supplied universal remote.  Yet, many of the typical listening adjustments depend upon the app.

I understand when problems occur in products, but I don't understand why Bose refuses to address them.  This doesn't bode well for customers.