Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Left Speaker Rattles (NC 700), No Support Agent

I have a new pair of NC 700 (bought in July 2019).  The left speaker started rattling (like it is either loose or blown).  The rattle worsens with sounds of low-frequency ("base-y").  I tried pressing down (lightly) on the inside of the ear piece, trying to pop back anything that might have been loose.  This did not fix the problem.

I've attempted to contact Bose Support, but they seem to be on holiday.  I've texted, called, and tried chat... no one is available.  I go through the prompts on texting, no answer. Calling is just hold music after the prompts. I can't even START the chat because the button says "Agent Not Available". Where do I go from here?

2019-10-18_10h19_58.png

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Left Speaker Rattles (NC 700), No Support Agent

Hi

Eric.E.Swanson, 

Thanks for reaching out to us today! I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having this experience with both your headphones and our support team and would love to look into this further for you. 

Firstly, can you please confirm the region that you are located in and if you have attempted any of the other contact methods that are listed? 

I look forward to hearing back from you in regards to this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Chicago, IL.  I tried calling again around 11am and did get through.

Highlighted

Hi Eric.E.Swanson, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I am deeply sorry for this experience.

I know that the lines have been very busy this morning and this may be why you weren't able to reach the team as soon as you would have wanted to. I would recommend reaching out again in an hour or so or reaching out to the customer support team via Twitter or Facebook. 

I am sorry this isn't something that I can assist you with personally. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Hi Eric, 

Did you get a resolution to this problem? 

I think my Bose 700 *just* started displaying this same symptom. I noticed it when talking on a conference call that there is a rattle in the left earphone. When I walk, I can hear something slightly rattle. 

Any info based on your eventual support experience? 

Thanks, 

Daniel

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Had to get a replacement headset. I didn’t attempt any repairs or diagnosis the issue further because I did not want to void my warranty. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

Thanks. I went ahead with a warranty replacement as well. 👍