Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Left and right speaker not working together

I have the Bose AE2 Soundlink.

Only the right side works when they are connected via Bluetooth, and only the left side works when they are connected via cable.

I have updated the headphones to the latest firmware using the app on my phone.

I am unsure as to how I should proceed to resolve the issue. 

I conducted the following experiment to gain some insight into the problem.

I connected them via Bluetooth to my phone and connected the aux cable to my laptop.
I played different music on both devices.

While they were playing music from my phone via Bluetooth in my right ear, I slowly inserted the aux cable in the headphones(one end is already connected to the laptop). For a brief moment, I was able to hear the music from my phone in both ears, but then it promptly switched to the music from my laptop, and the Bluetooth disconnected. During that phase, the volume in my left ear was lower than the volume in my right ear. 
I don't know if this helps you in any way to solve my issue.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Left and right speaker not working together

Hey @rishikantsharma, welcome to the Bose Community!

It's very odd that you're experiencing problems with each earcup using different connection methods. Let's see what we can do to resolve this.

First, let's address the issue with the Bluetooth connection. It's great that you've ensured the headphones are up to date. Here's what I'd suggest next:

- Clear the pairing list by holding the switch in the Bluetooth position for 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then, on your phone, and all previously connected devices, delete the headphones from the Bluetooth list. Now reconnect them. Are you receiving audio through both earcups?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

Hi @Charlotte_G, thank you for your prompt response.

I followed the procedure as mentioned by you on my headphones, but I am still unable to hear audio from the left earcup when my headphones are connected in Bluetooth mode.

Highlighted

@rishikantsharma Sorry that this did not resolve the issue. Next, I'd recommend attempting to manually update the firmware. Although you have already done this through the Bose Connect app, we should check that the over-the-air update was correctly installed. To do this, please go to btu.bose.com on a computer and follow the instructions. 

Let me know how this goes.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2020

I manually updated the firmware of my headphones using the link you provided but unfortunately, the same issue persists. 

It told me that the headphone is already up to date and it will only be installing voice prompts.

Highlighted

@rishikantsharma Thanks for trying this and getting back to me. Regrettably, it seems that we have exhausted the available troubleshooting steps. Therefore, I'd recommend reaching out to local support in order to explore your service options. Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'