jpbishop67@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

Left earphone doesn't work on one device, but does on other devices.

I have Bose QC35 II headphones. The left ear sometimes doesn't work when I am connedted to my laptop, but it works when the device starts up and the voice says "Connecting to..." whatever device it is connecting to. It will also connect to my iPhone and I can hear out of both sides on my iPhone...

Not sure what is happening. Any pointers?

Best

Jeff

1 REPLY 1
Hector_B

Re: Left earphone doesn't work on one device, but does on other devices.

Hello jpbishop67, 

Welcome to the Community! We appreciate you posting for the first time and would love to offer you some assistance. 

Firstly, can you please start off by letting us know how your headphones are connected to the laptop? Is this via Bluetooth or Aux? I would like for us to test both connection methods to ensure that the issue isn't directly due to one connection method. 

As the headset works with other devices, it leads me to believe that there could be an issue with the audio balance settings inside the laptop's audio settings. Please look into this on your device to ensure this is not the case. 

Can you please also let us know if you have connected any other Bluetooth devices to the laptop at all? If you have, can you please let us know if the same issue persists? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!