Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

Listen to tv with headphones?

Hi, We have multiple pairs of Bose headphones in our home. We were hoping to use a pair to listen to the tv.

Possibly for family that has hearing issues. To help them by having it louder just for them. Or so someone can watch show, when others aren’t interested in listening to it.
After extensive searching different Internet sites, videos, along with Bose and Samsung websites and I’ve not been able to find directions on how or even IF this is possible.  We have a samsung sound bar that we use with a Samsung tv.   I hope someone can help me with this. It would be hugely beneficial for us. Thank you for your time 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Listen to tv with headphones?

Hello Dhflaf, 

Thanks for reaching out, welcome to the community. I'll happily assist you with this. 

If you connect your headphones to your TV this will mean audio from your TV will only go to the headphones and will not come out of your Samsung speakers. If you are going to connect your headphones to the TV, you can do this by connecting via AUX or by Bluetooth. If your TV allows Bluetooth connections, you will want to ensure that your TV can output Bluetooth connections opposed to just receiving. You will need to make sure that this is available on your TV otherwise a Bluetooth connection will not be available. 

In regards to family with hearing issues, a product in which I would recommend you observe is the Bose Hearphones. This would be a more suitable product in allowing your family member to hear the TV more effectively without disturbing others. You can view the Hearphones here. 

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.