Loud noises making headphones cut out

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Loud noises making headphones cut out

For the first time, I was using my Bose headphones to listen music while I played my drums along.    When I hit the drums, the headphones would cut our for a second or two.  When I stopped playing the drums, the headphones worked fine.   Once I started to drum again, the headphones skipped again.  I tried new batteries and moved things around, but the same result.    WWas the noise reduction getting overpowered by the loud drumming and making the headphones go dead for a second or two at a time?   I had no idea what was going on.

3 REPLIES

Re: Loud noises making headphones cut out

Hi Chet2019,

Thanks for posting. The design of the Active Noise Cancellation microphones can make them susceptible to quick transient sounds sometimes. The mics are basically being overloaded for that quick moment. What headset do you have?  Depending on what headphones you have, you can disable ANC using the Bose Connect App.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Silent Starter

Mine are old school.    QC15 .   They've gone with me on many many plane trips, and I love them.   But this was the first time I tried drumming in them!

Hi Chet2019,

Thanks for the reply.  

You could always try replacing the battery, has a low battery can sometimes cause this issue (however loud sounds like drumming can be the cause as well).

Best,

Brandon