Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UCV
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Low Quality NC700 Earpads

Hi Community,

I live in Turkey and my friend bought my NC 700 just before Covid from Germany, end of 2019 or just the beginning of 2020 (not sure for exact date). That time Covid didn't seem so important as today and I was thinking that I will use my new headphones during my journeys. Not so long after, all travels were forbidden and I started to work at home. Therefore, I could not use my headphones except for my online meetings, so there was nothing to treat my headphone harshly.

However, just 1.5 years after my purchase, I realized that there are some deteriorations on my earpads. I thought those are normal and could be caused by sharp beards or sweat etc. Then I saw that comparably large opening on the interior stitch of the right earpad. I got really angry because I spent too much on this "high quality" headphone and there are cosmetic problems only under daily usage ‌‌😠.

IMG_5667.JPG

It seems like I have an ear like Mr. Spock but actually not ‌‌ Additionally, in normal cases all electronic devices should have 2 years warranty in Turkey, so I would ask to renew it from the distributor but I bought that product from abroad and it would be not valid in Turkey.

Now, I am looking for replacements for earpads. They are sold for $34 (around 280 Turkish Lira) in the USA but I cannot order them. I called the Turkish distributor, which sells Bose products at really high prices compared to worldwide, and they asked €60 (around 600 Turkish Lira), which is nearly 1/3 of the price that I paid for headphones, for replacements. I am thinking that is it normal to have such failures with this expensive product while I had all precautions during my usage (I always cleaned my earpads with clean papers, putted it in its case etc.) Did I pay nearly €200 only for 1.5? What if I used it outside, would it last only 7-8 months? And why these replacement pads are so expensive???

I would like to hear proper answers from an authorised person in this community. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
UCV
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Re: Low Quality NC700 Earpads

I am also having same problem on left earpad too 😡 Why are these stitches so poor?

Tegan_M

Hi UCV,

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that you have been left disappointed with your headphone ear cushions. 

The cushions for our Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 are made from a protein leather, which can naturally deteriorate over time with use. This can be accelerated by environmental factors such as heat and humidity. You're correct in observing that we do have replacement ear cushion kits available. You can find instructions on how to replace your ear cushions here. 

In regards to the pricing, we have no jurisdiction over the price of the products in your region. We are sorry for the disappointment in which this provides, however we cannot offer any reductions to the cost. If you would like to discuss this further, please reach back out to your local Bose product support team via the information in this link. 

Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
UCV
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

Dear @Tegan_M 

Thank you for your answer. I can understand that leather can deteriorate over time and accept that. Deteriorations on cushions are not a problem because they may happen due to several reasons but as you can see from the image, this is about the strength or endurance of stitch or glue that is applied between interior cloth and leather cushion and yes, this is a problem.

Definitely, you have the right to sell those earpad replacements for high prices but in the end, I already paid lots of money for the technology of these headphones and I would not like to spend nearly 1/3 of the product price on a spare part that has no exact influence on the technology. So, I will not pay any more money to BOSE and its distributors because I know that you will sell me another pair of "low-quality original BOSE" earpads. Therefore, I prefer to order a sub-industry replacement from China to save my money. I believe that those pairs will last nearly the original ones.

That was the first and the last time I purchased a BOSE product. I will definitely choose other brands for the next time.

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@UCV(I do not work for Bose)

Getting from Bose is one option - you may want to consider others (but check the reviews first).  They vary on price and quality.  I have purchased replacements from both eBay and Amazon.

UCV
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

@joelirwin thanks for your suggestion.

I have already ordered 1 pair from Aliexpress because eBay or Amazon is not a good choice for Turkey. I thought that even I buy it from Bose, those "originals", that would last a max of 1,5 years and I will pay TRY600 for them. I have paid TRY100 for this pair from Aliexpress and assuming that they will stand at least 5 months. In this case, this will be 2.5x times more durable than originals for the same price; 6x5= 30 months. We will see...