Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Low latency bluetooth

Is there a firmware udate that will provide a low latency bluetooth audio connection (specifically aptx ll)? If not, these $400.00 headphones are going right back to Target. I bought these primarily to watch TV, and the latency is unacceptable.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: Low latency bluetooth

Hi Airhedz, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

We don't currently have any information regarding any future updates coming to our headphones. I would love to raise this as a possible future feature request for you if you could tell me which headphones you would like to see this feature added to! 

If any other community members would like to see this or any other features added please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Thank you for the reply, Hector. That would be the Bose NC 700 headphones.

Highlighted

Hi Airhedz, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! 

I have raised this as a feature request for you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Thanks for your efforts, Hector. Much appreciated.

So many great high tech features. Comfortable and easy to use. I bought these primarily for listening while watching TV/movies. I can't believe these headphones went to market without a low latency codec (i.e. aptX LL). The latency while viewing video is unbearable. I really wanted to keep these, but because there are no plans to upgrade the codecs, I returned them to the place of purchase.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 12, 2019

I would like to see a low latency codex firmware update to be added to the Quiet Control 30.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

I similarly am surprised that these $400 headphones do not support aptX LL. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 10, 2018

Unfortunately this is a chipset feature, so it's not possible to do firmware update for APTX LL unless the chipset supports it.. I verified the QC 35 II's and older do not support this capability.

I agree whoever decided this was not needed should have their career path at Bose shortened, we're going to be using these 5 years from now when APTX LL will be common.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

I ended up going with the Avantree 40 hr APTX low latency wireless headphones. They are not active noise cancelling, but they are over the ear and quite effective at blocking noise.  They are comfortable and sound great. At Amazon's price, they can't be beat. They will have to do for now.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

I have the same issue with connecting my Soundwear shoulder wearable speakers. The latency is so bad they are unusable. At the price these should have lower latency. Does Bose have plans or is it possible to push out a firmware or new codec to resolve the latency issue. Hate to leave Bose for other solution!