Lindwe
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

Low microphone input on Bose NC 700 headphones

Hi!

Is anyone else experiencing a low microphone input level on the headphones. i have it on the highest setting on my macbook, and its still quite low. And when i have them connected to my iphone, people complain that they here my surroundings more than they hear my voice. 

Is there a way to adjust this setting? 

//Lindwe

6 REPLIES 6
Charlotte_G

Re: Low microphone input on Bose NC 700 headphones

Hello Lindwe,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with the microphone on your NC Headphones 700. 

My first recommendation would be to reset your headphones. To do this please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

Additionally, please visit btu.bose.com on your computer and follow the instructions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
PeterFo
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Hi

I have this issue as well. I have updated software and reset the headphones as advised and people still advise my voice is extremely low. Very poor performance and I only chose this pair over Sony because the microphone was meant to be far superior with NC. 

Please advise if there's anything else that I can try to remedy asap!?

/Petet

Jeff_G

Hello PeterFo, 

Thanks for joining the discussion and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing low volume input from the microphone. 

What VOIP service are you using? Your Mac/PC will have it's own audio input adjustments, but oft-overlooked are the adjustments found in the video call apps themselves. I would recommend checking the app's preferences to ensure audio levels are set accordingly?

Be sure to let me know if this makes a difference!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Nicke_
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

I also have this issue. 

I used them connected to my pc running Windows 10. I have checked all sound settings on my computer and the VOIP software (Cisco Webex).

I really think you should prioritize this issue. Let me know if you need me to provide more details.

Thanks

Nicke_
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

Could it be possible to add a setting for the microphone volume level in the Bose Music app?

That would solve my issue. 

aya
Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2021

Hi,

I am also having the same issue, seem like intermittent high reproducible when headphone connect to handphone (Android 11) and HP Window 10 laptop at same time.

Audio routing seem like delay obviously when there are any input from hp and window..