Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Macbook tying up bluetooth connection to phone

I seem to have an issue connecting my QC 35 headphones to my smartphone and macbook at the same time.  Even when not in use the macbook seems to tie up the bluetooth as I can play music or what not on my phone but hear no sound.

if I disconnect the macbook from my phone it's normal experience.  This could be a macbook setting but reaching out here to see if anyone has experienced the same and what to do for a correction.  it's a little tedious taking VOIP calls from my macbook then disconnecting

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Macbook tying up bluetooth connection to phone

Hi there @gormacha and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had connecting your headphones to your Mac and would be happy to look into this for you.

In order to do so, can I ask for a little clarification here?

1) You noted that when you disconnect the MacBook you have a normal experience from your phone. Does this apply both ways, in that when you have both devices connected you have to disconnect the phone to hear the Mac, or disconnect the Mac to hear the phone?

2) Do you have any programs open on the Mac that may be triggering the speaker unintentionally? This could include music services, internet browsers, etc. If possible, please close all the programs on the Mac and try this again.

3) Do you have your MacBook synced to your phone here, or are these otherwise not paired to one another?

I look forward to your response and being able to resolve this with you 😊!

Liam W - Community Support