Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Maybe buy Bose NC 700

EDIT: It's been some time, i got used to a lot of weird design choices. Though these headphones are still definetly an unpolished product. They are working on getting them to work better. Still i wouldn't recomend them rn, but maybe some day i'll. With the benefit of the hindsight, i can say that i was a bit too harsh on them.

Protip: Lower the earcups more than usually you would. They are designed to support most of their weight on sides of the skull, not on a headband. 

If you were thinking about getting Bose 700s, think twice. They are a complete nightmare to use, uncomfortable, unreliable and the don't even sound that great. You might think, "well it can not be that bad" oh trust me it is. Software wise it couldn't be worse, even though they say they are connected to phone and like wise on screen no music is being played. When it finally connects to your phone and starts playing music and you, God forbid, would decise to listen to something on mac, then i hope you will enjoy pause every other second and clicking noise. Because that's whats gonna happen. You can't even properly reset the goddamn thing! Every time you reach support they'll tell you to follow the reset procedure which does sh*t. Hardware wise it's not better. The cups swivel in very unnatural direction, (outwards) and UI has never been tested by them probably since buttons are mostly useless. There are 1000 more things that are wrong with them but i don't want to waste more time than i have. You are basically paying like 400$ for an unfinished product.  

GET BACK TO WORK BOSE.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Re: Don't buy Bose NC 700

200% percent rignt of what has been said .... Some company encounter some pbs with their products but they react .... nl a world of OTA .... the timing of solutions counts in DAYS,  not in Weeks, Months or Years.

What we are seeing here with connected products is that Bose is missing the turn of connected, upgradable products .... 

This forum is just useless .... No Communication from Bose (yes the pb exist, yes we recognize that etc...) , no transparency, NO Beta !!!! 

The only thing they tell you go: to your local dealer ? reset the product ? ..... what a shame ! 

Bose can't no longer live on a reputation 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Amen, this is what a lot of us feel! I unfortunately got my pair for Christmas and was unable to return them after I received them. I have never felt more cheated by a company in my life. There is NO WAY that Bose was not aware of the problems before releasing the product, because the problems are MANY. but the worst thing of all is that these problems have been known for at least 7 months and Bose has done NOTHING to fix it and does not care ONE BIT about their customers (which is obvious from this forum). The standard answer is: "we will let our developers know about this problem", well they are either lying or there is simply no development team. THERE IS NO COMMUNICATION, PLEASE IF ANY MODERATOR IS READING THIS CAN YOU JUST GIVE YOUR CUSTOMERS ANY INFORMATION WHATSOEVER ON WHEN YOU WILL FIX THESE PROBLEMS!!!! 

it is not that hard. Especially if your customers pay 400 EUROS for your product.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

I'm glad, that i'm not the only one feeling the way i do. On Reddit i've had a pretty harsh exchange with a person fighting for them with their life. Not acknowledging that we are the costumers paying with our money and we ought to demand fixes and (verbesserung?) of products.  

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

@Wayne_M care to comment please? you are the the main admin of this forum, surely you can reach out to your superiors for an answer to when we will get these problems fixed?

This horrible product quality and, most of all, your inability to provide us with answers are driving customers away like crazy, surely this has to mean something to you if you care about the company you work for?

BR

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Thanks for the tag @DanielAnd87 and sorry to hear people are running into issues with their NC700s.

To start, we do strive for transparency, but there are a lot of variables that go into reproducing reported issues that can make it difficult to confirm where the issue may lie. I agree that we need to do better on our end of the communication, but we are working on it and appreciate when our members take the time to post.

Something that would help us is making sure we have as many details as possible. We do have to coordinate with our developers when we’re not able to troubleshoot an issue further. And that can take time. The more and better information we can give them helps to speed up that process and our communication back out on the issue.

I have read through the thread and it would be hugely helpful for us to have more information on what you are experiencing. The main issues I can see are:

• even though they say they are connected to phone and like wise on screen no music is being played
  • when it finally connects to your phone and starts playing music on mac, it pauses every other second and there is a clicking noise.

To help everyone, these are the details that would be helpful for us to have to better understand these and other issues are you reporting:

• Bose product model      
  • Bose product firmware version 
  • Bose app version             
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took

For what I am seeing reported here, it would also be helpful to know if your headphones are connected over Bluetooth to more than one device at the same time when you run into this issue.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Hi, thank you for an answer. Here are some of mine biggest problems with them

• If they are connected to my s10 and macbook pro simultaneously, there is a cracking sound while listening something on mac. It's truly infuriating.
  • there is no way to sign a button to turn NC completely off (don't need it while sitting in a silent room)
  •  there is no EQ, the vocal are very sharp and clear but after some listening they are a bit tiring 
  • if you turn the voice prompt option off, you won't hear which devices you are connected to. Which is how it's supposed to be. However you won't hear which NC level are you on while pressing the button either so it's kind of a guessing game.
  • After turning on the headphones they said that they are connected to my phone and my phone said that it was connected to my headphones. However no music could be heard i just had to reset them and than they have worked as expected. I've had this situation like once or twice but it was very annoying.

Here are some info you have asked for:

• Bose NC 700 Headphones
  • 1.3.1.2028.de73ce1
  • The issues are quite unexpected and hard to reproduce. I've heard that i'm not the only one having issues with i.e. dual devices connectivity. 
  • it has been occurring since day one of owning them .
  • Galaxy s10+ android 10 and Macbook pro os Sierra
  •  It has been occurring since day one of owning them .
  • I have taken all the steps, like resetting them, waiting for them to discharge and recharge, clearing the device list

Thank you and i hope we can accomplish something together. 

Ps. Sorry for the polarizing title it's just for a attention.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

Hi There,

As with others, I have had numerous issues with these headphones. I love the sound, when they work well. Initially could not get the headphones to sync to Bose Music app. This took approx 2 days of troubleshooting and previous forum reading to complete.

Biggest issue is when more than one device is paired (ie: Phone and Laptop), sound quality is unlistenable. Sounds as if they are not capable of maintaining the dual connection and the sound cuts in and out constantly.

• Noise Cancelling 700  
  • Latest (updated Feb 2020 - dont want to check as when I add my iOS device (dual device) sound quality is terrible.)
  • Numerous Issues:
    • In January, suddenly took approx 20 seconds to start up (fixed with latest firmware update).  This took place when newly paired with Microsoft Surface Pro (using iTunes)
    • Very crackly sound (almost like it is cutting in and out) for first 20 seconds of operation (single device mode)
    • Sound cutting in and out when operating in dual device mode. Dual Device mode renders headphones unlistenable
    • Above issues have been consistent since purchase mid last year.
    • Had same issues when using through Mac Book Pro
  • Tried re-pairing headphones to devices numerous times. No difference. Uninstalled and reinstalled app. Update Firmware.

I do hope you can fix these issues. After numerous pairs of Bose headphones over the past 10 years, this will be my last if they cannot be fixed.

Thanks,

Nigel.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 25, 2019

I can just add my point of view in this whole mess. I've posted here before, several months ago and I've been hoping to see some solution but since nothing has happened I guess I'll chip in again.

I have huge problems with the Bluetooth connectivity. Using two devices at the same time is just impossible. The sound just keeps stuttering no matter what device is playing. So many people have this problem and it must be very easy to reproduce at the Bose headquarters. Just grab any **bleep** laptop and connect your phone as well and keep using it for 2 hours straight and surely you will get the same problem as us. For me even just disconnecting my laptop and only using the phone has it's issues sometimes. Sometimes the headphones will disconnect during a call even though it looks like it's still connected on my phones screen.

My setup looks like this:

Laptop Lenovo T440s with Windows 10

Samsung Galaxy S8 Android version 8.0.0

Bose App: 3.0.2

FW: 1.3.1.2028.de73ce1

There is no problem in my mind with either build quality or sound quality (when it actually plays well enough) like people would suggest. The headphones sounds basically like Bose has always sounded like and the NC works as well as NC can work. Feeling compression in your ears when using maxed out NC is just a normal phenomenon that you will get used to. It's about your ears not about the headphones. This is not the big problem here as I see it. I think a lot of people are just hating on the product because they feel screwed over when such an expensive device won't work as expected.

I think your main problem here is the Bluetooth connectivity issues because this was one of your main selling points when marketing this product and this is actually one of my worst experiences of Bluetooth connectivity from any product I've ever used. Its a very annoying issue and makes the product hard to use and a a bad experience over all. That's not what Bose stands for I'm sure. I've been super satisfied with all my previous Bose products but this time I feel like something went wrong. I really hope you guys at Bose are listening to this and might bring it to the table where something will actually be done about this.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

Headphones 700 stutter and connectivity issues

The past week I've been experiencing some very annoying issues with my Bose 700 noise cancelling headphones. I use them connected to my MacBook Pro, and I also use Magic Mouse and a Apple keyboard that are connected by bluetooth. I've never had any problems with these devices before. 

The keyboard and mouse work just fine on their own, but when I also connect the headphones I will experience frequent stutter in sound, and both the keyboard and mouse will disconnect and connect again. This happens every few minutes, so I've pretty much had to stop using my headphones. I've updated the firmware on the headphones and debugged the bluetooth on my MacBook. This did not help. The stutter also happens when I've disconnected all others devices, although not as frequently. 

What else can I do to try and fix this?