Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Mic sound distortion

Hi. So I love my QC35 ii and use them every day. But now they are starting to give up. 

Sometimes my mic is distorting my voice so people I talk to say "Ow I have no idea what you are saying I only hear crackling". 

So I do the reboot with turning it off plugging it in the usb and so on and after that it workes fine. But now its a recurring problem that happens every other day. And sucks when I start my phonecall with a client like a robot. 

Any suggestions?

I use Bose QC 35 ii 

version 4.5.2

They were made in okt 2017

I live in Sweden 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Mic sound distortion

Hi GAWSEN,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

It sounds like you have been doing some good troubleshooting with this already, rebooting the headset is a good step to resolve this, but you shouldn't be having to do this that frequently!

What devices have you been using the headphones with so far? Have you tested them on a call on more than one device, or have you just been using one so far?

Also, when you are taking or making calls on the headphones, are you using them for standard phonecalls or VoIP software like Whatsapp or Zoom?

The first thing I would recommend doing for this, is clearing the Bluetooth pairing list on the headphones and then reconnecting them to your other devices. To clear the Bluetooth pairing list, what you will want to do is turn them on, then slide and hold the Bluetooth/Power switch to the Bluetooth symbol until you hear a notification. You will want to forget the headphones from your other devices before reconnecting as well.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

Hi, I am also having this problem. Everything sounds fine to me but the people I am speaking with on video conferencing calls say that I sound like a robot or am incoherently distorted. I have tried rebooting, clearing my Bluetooth list, disconnecting, connecting with other devices, using different charging cables. It has got better twice (eventually) but I haven't been able to work out a pattern of what happened to fix it. It is very frustrating as I don't know it is a problem until I am on a work call and someone else has to point it out and then it is too late to do anything, anyway!  Plus I don't expect this kind issue with such high-quality equipment. I need my headset to be reliable. Any suggestions please? 

Highlighted

Hi Hellro,

As you have mentioned this happening on video conferencing calls, have you noticed this happening on standard phone calls as well at all? Or does it only seem to happen when you are using the video conferencing software?

What device do you have the headphones connected to when you notice this happening with the microphone? Has it happened with more than one device or just this one so far?

I would definitely recommend making sure your headphones are fully up to date using our Device Updater. If you go to that link on a computer and follow the on-screen instructions it will walk you through this process.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

Thanks for your help. The problem has been across three devices (an iPad, a Macbook Pro and an iMac) but all with video conferencing. I didn't try it on a normal phonecall - who even has those anymore? : )

I used the Bose updater and after several attempts and lots of disconnections, it seems to have worked so hopefully that will help. 

What should I do if this continues to happen? 

Highlighted

Hey Hellro, 

Thanks for the update! I'm glad it's working correctly for you after the update, it sounds like this has done the trick for you!

if it does happen again, then clearing the pairing list and reconnecting to your devices, as recommended above, will help. As will performing a reset of the headphones. For the reset, follow the steps below to do this:

1. Power off your product
  2. Wait 30 seconds
  3. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger
  4. Wait five seconds
  5. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset
  6. Wait one minute
  7. Power on your product.

Hopefully, you won't need to do this and the update will have resolved it, but let me know how you get on!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

Hello Keith_L,

I am having the same issues. I updated on the Bose app, cleared the pairing list, and reset based on the instructions you gave but have am still having the same mic issues. Any suggestions?

Highlighted

Hi Fjtorres, 

Thank you for trying these steps! I'm sorry to hear you are also experiencing some issues with your QC35 II. 

At this point, I would recommend that you reach out to our local technical support team for assistance. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of the team will be more than happy to help! 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 25, 2020

Thanks but I have followed that sequence very many times and it hasn't worked when I am dealing with this issue, unfortunately. 

Highlighted

No worries Hellro, thanks for the update!

If the troubleshooting that you've tried from this thread has not done the trick, then I would definitely recommend reaching out to your local support team using the link posted by @Jessie_O above. They'll be able to help you get this resolved!