Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 30, 2020

Mic sound distortion

Hi. So I love my QC35 ii and use them every day. But now they are starting to give up. 

Sometimes my mic is distorting my voice so people I talk to say "Ow I have no idea what you are saying I only hear crackling". 

So I do the reboot with turning it off plugging it in the usb and so on and after that it workes fine. But now its a recurring problem that happens every other day. And sucks when I start my phonecall with a client like a robot. 

Any suggestions?

I use Bose QC 35 ii 

version 4.5.2

They were made in okt 2017

I live in Sweden 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Mic sound distortion

Hi GAWSEN,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

It sounds like you have been doing some good troubleshooting with this already, rebooting the headset is a good step to resolve this, but you shouldn't be having to do this that frequently!

What devices have you been using the headphones with so far? Have you tested them on a call on more than one device, or have you just been using one so far?

Also, when you are taking or making calls on the headphones, are you using them for standard phonecalls or VoIP software like Whatsapp or Zoom?

The first thing I would recommend doing for this, is clearing the Bluetooth pairing list on the headphones and then reconnecting them to your other devices. To clear the Bluetooth pairing list, what you will want to do is turn them on, then slide and hold the Bluetooth/Power switch to the Bluetooth symbol until you hear a notification. You will want to forget the headphones from your other devices before reconnecting as well.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.