akswalia23
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2018

Re: Microphone amplifies background noise

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THE OPTION TO DISABLE SIDETONE!!!!!

Hi dteter31,

Thanks for posting. The ability to adjust or disable sidetone is something that we are aware that users are requesting. It has been proposed to engineering, and if we have any news to offer we will post it here in the community!

Warm Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

a_li
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

I found one workaround for my phone (pixel 2 xl, android 9). In "connected devices", go to the settings icon for the Bose headphone. It'll bring you to the "device details" page. Turn off "phone calls".

dteter31
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

Thanks for this - on iOS unfortunately.

dteter31
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

Thanks Tony. Just to be clear - specifically suggesting that it be disabled when the mic is muted - that way there wouldn't need to be a separate control or configuration, and it would solve at least some of the cases where the feedback is displeasureable. 

boseuser0000
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Please please please could we have this. It is unworkable to use these headphones to make calls. Such a disappointment for such expensive headphones. I'm on iOS and a Macbook, and would love the option to Use Ambient Noise Reduction on my Mac. Might have to return these headphones without this.

Hi All,

Thank you for keeping us updated with your feedback.

We do not have any news to share on this at this time, but the information is being fed back to our engineering team. We will update the community when we know more.

Kind Regards,

Keith_L - Community Support - 

Bloom
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hi!

I use krisp.ai to mute all noise in microphone, and in this situation side tone not help me. I listen noise around me and cant hear man on the other side.

Plz drop side tone, its not usable.

Highlighted
akswalia23
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2018

XavierQuintanilla
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

I agreed, a Mute option would solve the problem. BTW pressing Volume + Volume - on this model would not mute the Mic, it will disable the Voice Promts