Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 29, 2019

QC35II microphone too sensitive to background noises

I've read through a lot of community topics where users have complained about the microphone of QC35 II amplifing ambient noises during the call. Is there a plan in place to deliver fix for this issue? It is really disappointing that you buy a premium product and find one of the basic features to not work correctly. Moreover, had I been the only person experiencing this, it would have made sense.  I am just dismayed at the fact that users have been complaining about this for months (and possibibly years - same complaints have been registered for the QC 1st gen headphones), and still the issue has not been rectified.

Kind regards

Highlighted

Re: QC35II microphone too sensitive to background noises

Hi InPursuit, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

The development team have been made aware of this and are looking into this further. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

Re: Microphone amplifies background noise

Hi Hector - one might also reason that if you have five separate threads on the same topic that have gone unaddressed - they shouldnt be archived, but instead acted upon.

I don't understand the delay here. This is clearly a software issue that could be easily addressed via the connect app. What is it going to take for the product team to investigate?

I think we all understand that sidetone is supposed to be a positive feature - but also the collective outpouring on the forums suggests it is divisive at best.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2019

I'm using a AE soundlink 2. Paying 200$ for something and not getting a 10$ worth service is incredible. And the fact that you are answering like some politicians is inexcusable! I paid the money in USA, I am in Europe right now and I can't even return the product. I feel really cheated here. Now I'll have to pay another couple hundreds to get a good quality pair that I can use to talk also.

I WILL NEVER EVER RECOMMEND A BOSE PRODUCT IF YOU'RE NOT SOLVING THIS!

Kind regards,
a fooled customer

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 29, 2019

Hi Hector 

Thank  you for responding so quickly. 

I have already contacted support on two occasions regarding the first set of headphones. On both occasions times they have advised me that I need to return my headphones and then I would be sent another set. This process would take around 3 weeks which seems like a long time. Therefore I decided to go to the Bose shop where I purchased the headphones from.  They replaced them with refurbished headphones without a problem. I received excellent customer service and was hopeful this would be the end of the issue. However after using them for a day and half the same issue re-occurred .  I once again completed the same fault finding process as outlined by your phone support team. This involved checking the firmware, powering off and on,  Re-pairing to the device and Re-pairing to another device, none of which resolved the issue.

So now you have advised me that I have to contact phone support yet again, in order to complete the same process yet again. This is a complete waste of my time.

Being an Electronics Engineer I find support lines very frustrating  due to the simple fault finding questions.  I am happy if the diagnostics steps actually fix the problem but this does not appear to be the case.  However that is beside the point, I will do as you ask and call Support again if you think it will add value

What I would really like to know is what happens when my headphones go out of warranty are you going to continue to swap them for this issues?  Even though it does not fix the problem. As a long-time user of Bose products I am most disappointed with these headphones as this is my second set that there is the same issue with.

Also because this is an inherent problem with the headphones do the lemon laws apply?  This maybe something that everyone in the US should look into.

Thanks

David 

Highlighted

Hi DavidMc, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on your issue. I am sorry that you have had this experience and can understand your frustration with support lines, however I can't offer many of the services that they can via this platform. You will need to reach out to the telephone support team about your warranty question as I can't do anything for you about this issue, when you do call please do let the team know about what you have done so far in regards to troubleshooting as well as reaching out via different platforms. 

Once again I am deeply sorry that I am not able to assist you on this via this platform. 

Please update me on the result of your call. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 12, 2019

Does the QC 35 has the same issue with this as the QC35 II has ? I have the QC 35 II and have been offered the QC 35 instead, but if this problem is consistent in the series Id rather just try to get my money back.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello tobimk,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing microphone sensitivity. There is no known issue with the QuietComfort 35 headphones and microphone sensitivity, it is up to your personal preference. If you do not like the QC35 then you can always take the headphones back within the 30 return period. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 14, 2019

Dear Hector B.

First, I’d like to thank you for the work you are doing facing all our frustration and      disappointment from the product we purchased. From your responses I feel like you are alone in this front.

Second, I’d like you to forward a message in my behalf to your customer relationship manager:

Dear Bose Team,
when I purchased the “SoundLink® around-ear wireless headphones II” I knew I was buying from the best audio company, I did not aimed for low cost product that will stand for a week, but everlasting product with great sound experience.
What I received (and if may I add – seeing the reviews written in the community forum what we all received )  is the complete opposite, poor voice with poor responsibility from the manufacture.
The problem we are all facing appears as a manufacturing issue, something that is built in foundations of this product. Nothing is broken in my headset it is simply not properly working , echo cancelation is not working, there is a positive feedback from the microphone, issue that leads to saturated voice.
Like the cars industry, when a problem is found in one of the car’s critical parts , a recall is made, it is the manufacturer’s responsibility to push the fix. The recall is made regardless to the car’s warranty status.

For years I was Bose ambassador enjoying every time I visit your stores. Speaking good words about the company.
Right now, me and probably all the angry members in this forum will probably be less Bose ambassador than I was in the pass.
I call Bose team to take full responsibility solving this issue.

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 16, 2019

I like how the default response is to troubleshoot... I just got a replacement pair and the problem was probably worst. Tried to just use default firmware and didn’t install connect app but found the problem was actually worst.

Would amplify every sound