Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2019

Re: Microphone amplifies background noise

I fixed the echo issue,

After giving up on and a minuet before putting my expensive headset to the bin, I tried one last thing.
I wanted to do Factory Reset to the headset, I failed to follow the Bose Instructions for factory defaults (kind of voodoo , see below) so i want to the only option left, Clear All paired connections.
I pushed the on\off\pair button to pair for few minuets e.g. raise button up and keep it for few minuets.

This action cleared ALL paired devices from the headset table. On the PC’s and Mobile side, I unpaired the headset from the Bluetooth list.

Now I made single connection headset to PC , and now I hear proper sound ,without background noise.

My assumption is that multi pairing might trigger the bug also android device that is used as microphone device for phone calls, so the head set does not know if to suppress the surrounding audio or use it for a call.

Factory Defaults Script i got from bose - did not work for me :

- Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds

- Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds

- Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute

- Turn on the headset

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2019

Did you check if the mic is still in the device list ? I did this before, followed all the instructions including resetting the device list like you did and it kind of worked for the 'echo' but only because now my pc didnt 'find' the mic anymore. Works if you dont intend on using the mic , but if you do , this 'solution' isnt even a work around. Might as well just disable the hands-free-audio part of the headset (headset is shown under 2 entries in the audio device manager in windows , audio renderer and hands-free-audio) and get the same work around reliable.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

I want to add to the chorus of people saying sidetone makes these headphones completely (and infuriatingly) unusable on phone calls when I'm walking outside or in a room full of a lot of people. Come on... this is what the engineering team does for a living, isn't it? Couldn't there at least be a way to disable it from the connect app, or SOMETHING? literally anything

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2019

Hello Users,

Just an update:

Bose team got in touch (2 weeks ago, i just saw the inbox today). They want to do some more testing and need me to help out. Ive extended my help by providing the contact info. 

Will keep you all posted.

PS: Check your inboxes also.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Re: QC35II microphone too sensitive to background noises

I know I am not the only one with this issue, but it is super frustrating.  I just purchased the QC 35II a month ago and the microphone picks up noises even though I have the noise-cancelling on high.  This was especially bad on a recent flight.  I could hear people talking from several rows away and the baby crying in the row in front of me.  These sounds are supposed to be blocked.  I bought these because they are supposed to be the "best" noise-cancelling headphones on the market.  I wasn't even using the phone and the sound leaked in through the mic.  This is unacceptable, but sadly, I cannot return them because the return date at the store has passed.  I will definitely be telling the people I know who are looking for noise-cancelling headphones to avoid these like the plague.  

Honestly, my Soundsport Free block ambient nose better than the QC35II.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

I'm not sure how these headphones have a 4.5 star rating on Amazon when one of their main features doesn't work.

Their marketing material stating 'An advanced microphone system provides clear calls even in windy or noisy environments' is the definition of false advertising and reflects very poorly on Bose. 

I wish I didn't have to return the pair I bought because the sound really is great for music, but if I can't make calls I can't use them.

I expect a lot better from Bose, their communication and support on this widespread issue is abysmal and makes me wonder what has happened to this company.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

I can see that the last discussion on this year was a couple months back. Has this issue been solved now? If yes, then can you provide me steps to resolve the same with my headphones. I am using Soundsport free headphones and as mentioned my everyone here making calls is impossible with them

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 12, 2019

No resolution no nuthin , they ar basically begging us to buy from their competition in the future.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 27, 2019

Spent hours crawling the web looking and hoping to find a solution to this, but landed here and can now see the issue is being experienced by everyone. I have tired all the workarounds that have been suggested, none of them work. Clearing the list and re-pairing is not the solution to this which keeps getting suggested by Bose on the forums. Like so many I bought these as they were deemed as top of the range for use with my work laptop on multiple work conference calls, which I am not able to do because of this issue. Unfortunately it doesn't seem as though this issue is going away given how long its been around for with multiple firmware updates already passed so I am left with little option to ditch these headphones for their intended use (making and receiving calls on laptop)  and buy another manufacturer instead. 

Surely this is an issue that Bose are not prepared to accept is real, I would be prepared to give the benefit of the doubt if there was some recognition this issue can be replicated and can or cannot be fixed. Shame. 

Highlighted

Hello TheFinalSoldier,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!