Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcbell
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

Microphone on QC 35 when using a wire

Hi, My QC35 ran out of battery so I used it for a phone call with the supplied wire.  (The phone call was on my computer, not a cell phone.)  I heard audio fine, but I realized that the microphone in the ear-cup was not functional, and my PC's internal mic was picking up my voice.

I then noted that the wire has only two black rings around the jack, not the three rings that denotes a microphone-capable wire.  I realized that the microphone in the QC35 earcup may be only effective if connected with bluetooth. 

My question is, if I get a wire that supports a microphone, is the QC35 still not going to work with it?
Thanks for your answers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Microphone on QC 35 when using a wire

Author Accepted Answer selected by rcbell

Hi rcbell, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

You are absolutely correct in all your observations. When you connect the cable to the QC35's, it will shut off the microphone on the earcup. If you were to use a cable with an in-line microphone, this will pick up your voice. You will need to make sure that you have the right connection into the headphones as this is a 2.5mm jack. Therefore I would recommend a QC25 cable. I have included a LINK HERE to give you an idea of this cable on our US site. If you are not located in the US, let me know where you are and I will point you in the right direction.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jessie_O

Re: Microphone on QC 35 when using a wire

Author Accepted Answer selected by rcbell

Hi rcbell, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

You are absolutely correct in all your observations. When you connect the cable to the QC35's, it will shut off the microphone on the earcup. If you were to use a cable with an in-line microphone, this will pick up your voice. You will need to make sure that you have the right connection into the headphones as this is a 2.5mm jack. Therefore I would recommend a QC25 cable. I have included a LINK HERE to give you an idea of this cable on our US site. If you are not located in the US, let me know where you are and I will point you in the right direction.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post